Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Free Member

Hi.
My first post on this forum, not native english so my spelling is not 100%.

I have/had a Panasonic NV-HS1000 where´s a moving company succeded to smash he PSU into pieces.
On the backside of the VCR, the PSU has a plastic cover, that got hit and cracked the pc-board inside the VCR into 30 pieces, so I have no chance o resolder the pc-board...

The question is now, which more of the Panasonic NV-HS family such as 800 or 1000 version has the same PSU-board or unit in this case ? I had a look at the service manual and 800 & 1000 has the same PSU (Power Supply Unit). I suspect there is more versions carrying the same PSU-version, but which ??

If anyone here has a damaged Panasonic NV-HS800 or HS1000 beyond repair with a funcional PSU, I´m interested to by, or if someone sits on a PSU-unit as a spare part.

Any recommendations in this issue ?

Happy Easter
Art DEco
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by art deco View Post
Hi.
My first post on this fourum
Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art deco View Post
not native english so my spelling is not 100%.
Doing fine that I see.

Quote:
succeded to smash he PSU into pieces.
On the backside of the VCR, the PSU has a plastic cover, that got hit and cracked the pc-board inside the VCR into 30 pieces
You're the 3rd person I've met in the past 30 days that has a VCR that has been destroyed by shippers or movers. In 20 years, I've never seen so many VCRs getting destroyed (in such short amount of time) by nitwits!

Quote:
The question is now, which more of the Panasonic NV-HS family such as 800 or 1000 version has the same PSU-board or unit in this case ? I had a look at the service manual and 800 & 1000 has the same PSU (Power Supply Unit). I suspect there is more versions carrying the same PSU-version, but which ??
Don't assume that. Very likely, it's just those two models sharing the PSU.

Quote:
If anyone here has a damaged Panasonic NV-HS800 or HS1000 beyond repair with a funcional PSU, I´m interested to by, or if someone sits on a PSU-unit as a spare part.
Any recommendations in this issue ?
It can take time, but can be done. Don't trash the unit. Either find a part ot fix it, or find somebody else that wants it. Second-hand markets like eBay may be needed, but others exists. I've used some in Europe, like Craigslist in USA. Essentially classified ads online. You can also make a "PARTS WANTED" free ad, in addition to looking for others.

You're in the right place to find and connect to other Panasonic PAL VCR owners. Perhaps one of our members will see this, and have some more/better ideas for you.

I wish I had a better lead, but do not.

Quote:
Happy Easter
Thanks. You too.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Free Member

Hi, as you suggest, both HS800 and HS1000 use the same PSU. Those are the only two that use that model. I have a spare PSU for HS1000 but missing the rear plastic part and heat sink fins. It's yours if you would like it.