Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

I created a dvd of my concerts with tmpgenc dvd author... I went to play it on my dvd player with surround sound.... well, there was no audio.. I took it to an lcd tv in the kitchen with dvd player built in.. it has audio.Put it in my computer, it has audio... I do know when I recorded it to dvd from the camcorder it only has yellow and white cable.. no red for the other audio.. I believe this was the problem.. Anyways, is there a setting I can set in tmpgenc to make the audio both channels? Thanks! (is that even the prob)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Free Member

No audio could also be because your dvd player doesn't support MPEG1 Audio. Have you played TDA authored dvds on it before?
04-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Free Member

Are you sure you have the reciver/amp turned to the correct setting?

How did you transfer the video to author it to DVD?

It sounds like you have a mono ouput on the camera, in which case you'll need to duplicate the audio track for right and left sound. You won't have "true" stereo just 2 mono channels, one right and one left. You can do this with Goldwave easily.

Open the audio track in goldwave and Effects> Stereo> Channel mix> a pop up window will appear and you just make sure it either says right in both drop boxes or left in both. It will duplicate what ever channel is available and then click save as and save it.

You can then open the vid file in TDA and then select what audio track you want to use OR combine them in TMPGENC ro make a mpeg2 file and use that to author to DVD. (I would use the latter since TDA can create audio video sync issue.

The fact that you only have one channel though should not affect the amp..it should still play the audio but only out of one speaker or at least the center channel I would think, that is why I asked if you were sure that the settings were correct, or it is what Padre said and your DVD player may not support that audio format.

04-28-2006, 08:16 AM

Yeah, sorry to be short guys.. I have done this before... I just hadn't converted anything from the camcorder since last may, and I used a splitter to split the 1 audio cable from the camcorder into 2 for my dvd recorder... So I just needed to convert the audio track to a 2 channel, and it had been about 3 years since I had done that when I redone a set that only had 1 channel sound.. so I forgot, but yes, goldwave was the program I used, I coudln't rmemeber.. Thanks guys!!!
04-28-2006, 08:19 AM

It works fine but only 1 channel audio on the tv in my mothers room (same dvd player as my room) But my room has surround sound and it wasn't playing any audio... But I've got it.. Thx
04-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Free Member

Well, you can't create "true" surround sound unless you have studio grade equipment. You can create a "simulated" surround sound effect and you can find out how to do this at the dvdrhelp.forums.

Basically you need to make 6 mono tracks and then combine them correctly to make surround sound, there are several pieces of software that can do this, but again it is not "true" surround sound.
04-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
It's a waste. Any receiver worth a grain of salt can create false surround from a stereo track, no need to fill up the disc with additional audio tracks.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-28-2006, 08:53 AM

Right, im not looking for that exactly.. just my setup in my room is surround sound... But, the goldwave, for some reason its not mixing the channels, it just wants to switch them, anything but combine... I downloaded that v5.13 any other program? I can't remmeber whut version I used years ago
04-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Free Member

Surcode CD/DVD DTS

is by far a better program than goldwave

You download alot. Grab a copy of it to make your audio surround.
05-03-2006, 07:20 AM

Riverpast is whut I used before, not goldwave. I got confused.. I got it fixed

Thanks!!!