06-24-2017, 01:08 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Hello mate,

I am newbie here. I would like to know which web hosting is better free or paid? I am new so don't have better idea about hosting anymore.

Please let me know. Thanks!
The following users thank Heinken3 for this useful post: SunSon (06-03-2018)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-10-2017, 06:19 AM

If you go with free hsoting service then there are limitatios on support by host and resources received. Hence go with affordable SSD shared hosting services.
12-05-2017, 08:05 AM

If you want to stay happy and peace of mind, then, I would recommend you to choose Cloud hosting for your website instead of any other hosting, Because, If you go with any other hosting then you will be facing server issues, site loading issues and security issues with your websites. I am using managed cloud hosting for a long time and all my websites are performing very well.
01-15-2018, 05:38 AM

If you are building a website just for fun then you may choose FREE hosting services but if you are looking to make business or Company website then you should certainly opt for the paid hosting services. If your website is on small scale and are likely to not have lots of traffic and data then you may opt for the shared hosting which is lower in price but if you have a really big website with lots of data in it and also would have lots of traffic then you should opt for the dedicated server which is a pricier option but it would make sure that your website will keep active all the time without any issues and downtime.
01-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Free Member

If you are planning to host a static HTML site, it would be cheap and stable to host it all over a CDN. If you were to shift gears to something like WordPress, then a PaaS where you have less control and less responsibility would likely be ideal for a low traffic, small charity. The more control you get, the more responsibility and work you take on.

So unless you have a clear and vital reason to go with an infrastructure solution and you're interested/willing to own a stack from top to bottom, I'd go with a more plug and play approach that is why i would suggest you to check godaddy or Siteground .

Hope it helps!
01-19-2018, 07:37 AM
Free Member

SSD AND LINUX you can have it from godaddy
01-25-2018, 12:11 PM
Free Member

You can try linode.starts from $5 pm . all you need to have install free control panel
02-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinken3 View Post
I would like to know which web hosting is better free or paid?
Paid hosting is always better.

- At worst, free hosting is unreliable, run by kids, etc,
- At best, it has severe limits that makes it a nuisance to use. One of the only decent free hosts is x10hosting.com, which is really just a no-cost intro tier to their paid hosting at x10premium.

More important than free vs. paid is the quality of the host. Some paid hosts are just as lousy, maybe even worse than, even a bad free host.

Read this: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/web-...web-hosts.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochelle View Post
Hence go with affordable SSD shared hosting services.
SSD is not necessarily a mark of quality. 10k/15k RAID and even fast SATA disks, in a RAID array, can sometimes be quite adequate. It really depends on the server setup and server population. The bottleneck is necessarily the I/O. In (too) many cases, SSD just enables the host to stuff more clients on a server, so speed gains never really happen.

Again, you must carefully pick a host!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmorco View Post
If you want to stay happy and peace of mind, then, I would recommend you to choose Cloud hosting for your website instead of any other hosting, Because, If you go with any other hosting then you will be facing server issues, site loading issues and security issues with your websites. I am using managed cloud hosting for a long time and all my websites are performing very well.
"Cloud" is a loose term that can mean almost anything. Everything from a mere synonym for "online" to an actual cloud infrastructure that uses N+1 redundancy, utility billing, and on-demand scaleable resource. So don't be gullible and fall for marketing hooey.

Server issues will happen anywhere, on anything. The most important issue is how often, and how the hosts responds to it. Again, quality host is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rf-harris View Post
If you are building a website just for fun then you may choose FREE hosting services but if you are looking to make business or Company website then you should certainly opt for the paid hosting services.
Even then, free hosting can make what's supposed to be fun personal/hobby a miserable experience. All hobbies have costs, and you can surely budget a few annual dollars to avoid headaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rf-harris View Post
If your website is on small scale and are likely to not have lots of traffic and data then you may opt for the shared hosting which is lower in price but if you have a really big website with lots of data in it and also would have lots of traffic then you should opt for the dedicated server which is a pricier option but it would make sure that your website will keep active all the time without any issues and downtime.
The problem is that many people don't understand what is "small" and what is "large". It's not just about visitors, but also the application in use. Resources are the real limiter. General speaking:
- Shared = few thousand or less (4 digits)
- VPS/semi-dedicated = under 1 million (5-6 digits)
- dedicated = millions (7+ digits)

But again, it depends on your code. This site doesn't have 1M monthly, but the various coding on the site requires more than VPS/semi-dedi will allow. So dedicated is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraUsa View Post
If you are planning to host a static HTML site, it would be cheap and stable to host it all over a CDN. If you were to shift gears to something like WordPress, then a PaaS where you have less control and less responsibility would likely be ideal for a low traffic, small charity. The more control you get, the more responsibility and work you take on.
Most likely, if you have mere HTML site, then CDN will be too complicated. And honestly, unnecessary.

PaaS is "platform as a service", and is (usually) a type of true cloud infrastructure. But it's also more complicated than mere web hosting. So again, not really something that a newbie should mess with -- not for a person still trying to decide between free and paid.

As you state, more control = more work (and more headaches!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraUsa View Post
So unless you have a clear and vital reason to go with an infrastructure solution and you're interested/willing to own a stack from top to bottom, I'd go with a more plug and play approach that is why i would suggest you to check godaddy or Siteground .
Yes, shared from hosts like Godaddy or Siteground works well. There are quite a few hosts that we've reviewed on this site, including those and others like InMotion, Stablehost, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddygs View Post
You can try linode.starts from $5 pm . all you need to have install free control panel
Linode is a VPS -- and unmanaged at that. For this person, an obvious newbie to the hosting world, that would be a disaster. Not to mention that Linode has really fallen in quality and popularity in the last 10 years. Even if I did want an unmanaged VPS, I'm not sure that's be my first or even 10th suggestion.

Something like IOzoom is superior.

... and since this thread is 8 months old, with no replies from the OP.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: Relja (09-02-2018)
Closed Thread