Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-07-2017, 06:10 AM
Free Member

Hi Guys,

have been reading quite a lot in this forum and finally decided to register.

Could someone give me a Brief heads up with my planned conversion set-up?

S-VHS gets played in Panansonic NV-HS1000
Video signal output via S-Video jack, Audio via Cinch.
S-Video goes into an AJA 101351, cinch via cinch to XLR cable aswell.

The AJA breakoutbox should then digitize the signal and transmit it via 10 bit SDI cable to my AJA Kona 3.
Then some Magic whichcraft in Windows should record it, although I have no plan how to manage that at the Moment ;D

Is the Setup structurally able to work and give me the best possible Video signal out of my VCR ?

Two Notes:
I'm living in Germany and the availablity of the ATI Cards on the 2nd-hand market is quite poor, the AJA components will cost me around €100, cables aswell.

Thanks for your opinion, really appreciate it

Manual of the 101351:
https://www.aja.com/pdf/support/AJA_...6-25online.pdf
on p.22 it kinda states my plan as possible
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,460 Times in 2,092 Posts
You're missing a vital external TBC in that workflow.

It's not my favorite workflow, but that should work, yes. Aja makes good cards. I'm also not entirely on the capture software, but believe VirtualDub work for non-SDI (lossless or uncompressed AVI).

I've imported stuff from Germany, including JVC S-VHS VCRs, and even Smurfs collectibles. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work the other way. Why not buy from USA or Canada, ship there? (In fact, I have both ATI 600 USB and DataVideo TBC-1000 available, and would have zero problem shipping to Germany.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs