Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-08-2017, 01:18 AM
Free Member

Audio jumper for ATI AIW 7500 and other capture cards

I purchased another 7500 card. There were no cables included. I already had an extra purple A/V input Adapter so input was covered. What works is to run the audio from the vcr with patchcords/mini stereo plug to the soundcard/onboard audio directly. To clean things up a bit and plug everything into the purple A/V input, I ordered what is being called a "CD-ROM to Soundblaster Audio Cable". Well I actually leveraged the quantity a bit to bring the shipping down per item to a acceptable level so I have some extra jumpers.
the vendor view 400 pixels.jpg
Here is what I bought.
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Here is a picture of what I received
heres what I recieved 800 pixels.jpg
Here is a picture of a jumper going from ATI 7500 to CD 1 in on the mother board of an ASRock K8NF3. Recording audio is working fine so far using onboard audio however a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz is slated to go in this build and am pretty sure it (the larger black connector)will plug into the Turtle Beach also.
You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

Here is a picture of a jumper going from an ATI 7500 to Soundblaster Live expansion card They are installed in an ECS K7VMM. The white (smaller) connector) goes to the ATI card and the black (larger connector) going to the sound card.
to cd1 input onboard audio 800 pixels.jpg
I am going to give 5 of these cables away first to ask. Here they are ready to mail just have to put an address on the envelope and drop it in the mailbox. Just make a small donation to digitalfaq then PM me where to send. Premium members/staff already qualify just pm me where to send. These have USPS first class stamps so probably limited to continental US.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-08-2017, 01:46 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
I'd like one.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Free Member

You got it I have already addressed the envelope. I will mail on monday.