05-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Free Member

hi, are all duplicators picky about media etc? i have a duplicator that santa brougnt me for Christmas that works out great most of the time. when i do have a problem with it, it usually has to do with an error with the disc i am transferring to or burning. i have problems with all types of disc including discs considered good media here like tys. i have found that i have less problems with verbatium than any other type of disc. since i'm not a techie, i thought i might ask here about this. let me know. thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Duplicators are just 2 burners (or 1 burner, 1 reader) crammed into a controller case. Many of them are using subpar drives, and often they have outdated or beta-grade firmwares inside. That's the biggest problem with them. You can fix this by taking it apart, and flashing the drives in the computer. May want to look into it, visit a site like cdfreaks.com and ask for some help on it.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
05-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Free Member

Yep, and make sure you use the same manufacturer's drive in the duplicator. I was having issues with mine and ultimately found out it was the DVD-Rom that came with it. I couldn't understand why a Pioneer DVR-109 was burning like crap, then put in a another DVD-Rom, same problem. Then I switch to 2 Pioneer drives and just like that perfect burns each and every time.