03-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Free Member

I've been trying to install a new-to-me Tevion capture card on an updated Windows 10 computer. However, so far I haven't had success. Device manager shows "USB EMP Audio Device," "This device is working properly," and the driver is a Microsoft V 10.0.16299.15 dated 9/28/2017.

I was told to expect an error message and to select "USB Audio Device" instead of "USB EMP Audio device," but I was never given that option. My only two options when I try to "pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" are "Audio Endpoint" and "Generic Software Device."

Suggestions welcomed.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-22-2018, 09:50 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Updated: See attached files and instructions!

________

Windows 10 is such a terrible OS for capture. I've installed this card on my Win8 and Win10 tablets, but never used it there for obvious reasons. It behaves perfectly on XP, Vista, and 7 desktops for the actual capturing.

If the device is seemingly working properly, then see if it is actually capture audio.

(Noting that VirtualDub is mute when capturing, and needs to be setup for the correct audio input card. Audio workarounds allow hearing audio while capturing; sometimes simple Windows Vista/7/8/10 audio settings, sometimes external audio splitting, sometimes dual input.)

Setting up capture systems is rarely an easy process. Each system is unique, and (for newbies) it takes time to learn what to do.

Attached Files
File Type: 7z eMPIA-Driver(Tevion).7z (24.28 MB, 48 downloads)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs

Last edited by lordsmurf; 08-10-2020 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Added drivers download, Aug 2020 version
03-23-2018, 01:07 AM
Free Member

OK, how do I go about installing it on an XP desktop (I bought one as a spare)? I've tried using the CD-ROM which came with the card, but whenever I try to install the drivers it tells me, "Please update to Service Pack 2." A little hard to do when the software on the computer is already Service Pack 3....
03-23-2018, 01:48 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
I've never run into that before.

Tip: SP3 was mostly just SP2 with "security" crap added. And all of it needs to be disabled on a video capture system anyway. The updated driver package I sent you may work better for SP3, I've never tried, so give that a try.

You're having lots of issues. Welcome to video. Having fun yet?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
03-23-2018, 06:09 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
I've never run into that before.

Tip: SP3 was mostly just SP2 with "security" crap added. And all of it needs to be disabled on a video capture system anyway. The updated driver package I sent you may work better for SP3, I've never tried, so give that a try.

You're having lots of issues. Welcome to video. Having fun yet?
Lotsa fun...it's almost as good as the fellow who kept hitting himself over the head with a hammer, because it felt so good when he stopped!

But I have a bit of success to report. The updated driver seemed to take. Here's a quick, raw capture; no processing; no TBC; my old Mitsubishi VCR straight to the Tevion. I have to get to work right away, but you can go ahead and draw up a test recommendation for the TBC-1000 and the other equipment for me to work on when I get home.

Attached Files
File Type: mpg 20180323-110356.mpg (17.27 MB, 18 downloads)

Tags
driver version needed, tevion