Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-02-2018, 10:04 AM
Free Member

I've had a Mitsubishi HS-HD2000U for over ten years now. I like it. I like it a lot. So much that, when I saw a recent eBay listing for another HS-HD2000U shown as working with the remote, I sprung for it. I figured that, if worse came to worse, it could be worth the purchase price for parts.

Well, I tried it out and it's functional; I get a very good picture out of it even with a pretty crappy tape. The problem is ejecting tapes...the eject mechanism begins to cycle, but the tape never pops up. I can reach in through the tape door and pull it up with a finger (moderate difficulty, but no excessive force), but that doesn't seem to be a good long-term solution.

There is a shop in town which I could take it to that might be able to do some good; they've been in business almost 40 years and seem to know what they're doing. Before I take it in to them, though...is there anything I can do to remedy this problem on my own? What kind of tools will I need and what precautions do I need to observe to keep from messing anything up even more? Finally, does anyone have a link to a service and maintenance manual for this model?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

Tags
eject, repair, vcr