09-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Free Member

The plugin set LordSmurf has for aWarpSharp2 has a 2009 date. The AviSynth wiki has a 2016 version available. Any reason not to use the new version?

The download for the new aWarpSharp2 has x64 and x68 versions available. Both show the plugin as aWarpSharp.dll. I'm confused by the fact that the syntax is spelled out for aWarpSharp2 but the plugin is called aWarpSharp. How would a call to use aWarpSharp2 connect with the aWarpSharp.dll? It's even more confusing since there is an older pre-existing aWarpSharp in LordSmurf's plugins.

I'm warped and need help,
Steve
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
Not only that, but the newest 2018 dll is named aWarpSharpMT.dll. And you can call it as aWarpSharp2 or as the older version aWarpSharp (for compatibility with older scripts and programs). The secret lies in actually browsing the doc on the download page: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AWarpSharp2. You can also make a copy of that page using your browser to save it as "html only". Save it to a permanent location in your system for future reference.

The newer functionality of aWarpSharp2 calls is preferred.
09-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Ain't broke, so I've not fixed it. Simple as that.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
09-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Free Member

Sanlyn, I've read the document but the operation seems odd. Does it literally mean that a call to aWarpSharp will be rerouted automatically?

LS, I seem to breaking a lot of things lately. These dang rabbit holes are everywhere!
09-22-2018, 08:55 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
I don't know what you mean by "rerouted". The .dll contains 6 separate functions. One of them is "aWarpSharp" (the older version of the sharpener that had a few glitches with some videos, like turning borders green) and the newer version called "aWarpSharp2". What's not to get? If you go to the html doc at http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AWarpSharp2 or look at the docs that come with the plugin, you can click on those two functions for details to see how they're similar in some respects and different in others.

If you wanna see how warpsharp differs from other sharpeners, try the AMV site's discussion of different Avisynth plugins where three different sharpeners are demo'd, with image changes each time you click on a filter's name: https://www.animemusicvideos.org/gui...tml#sharpening .
09-23-2018, 09:17 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
If you wanna see how warpsharp differs from other sharpeners, try the AMV site's discussion of different Avisynth plugins where three different sharpeners are demo'd, with image changes each time you click on a filter's name: https://www.animemusicvideos.org/gui...tml#sharpening .
I saw that a couple of weeks ago. Neat demo of different plugins.