Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-27-2018, 08:18 AM
Free Member

I'm running Windows 10 editing with adobe premiere pro cc 2018 I'm wondering which color profile I should choose for my monitors in windows color manager. Thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
If you have run monitor calibration software such X-rite or Spyder and it has produced a color profile, that's the profile you should use. If you haven't run calibration on your monitor you are stuck with the sRGB default profile.

Many Adobe users have said that some versions of Premiere Pro ignore color profiles. I use CS3, which doesn't ignore profiles. Consult your current user guide to determine how your version of Adobe implements its color management system (which is what you should do anyway, regardless of anything others tell you). If you are not calibrating your monitor with standard color probes and calibration software, you're wasting your money on Adobe.
09-27-2018, 08:28 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
If you have run monitor calibration software such X-rite or Spyder and it has produced a color profile, that's the profile you should use. If you haven't run calibration on your monitor you are stuck with the sRGB default profile.
I recently got a new monitor, and it took me days to calibrate.
(I'll write more on my new setup soon!)

Quote:
Many Adobe users have said that some versions of Premiere Pro ignore color profiles. I use CS3, which doesn't ignore profiles.
I don't see anything odd about CS4 either, which is my main NLE.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs