Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-06-2018, 10:29 PM
Free Member

I was down at trackside in Hufsmith, Texas (at the crossing of FM2978) this afternoon as the George H. W. Bush funeral train passed. I'm attaching an HD video which I took:

Bush Funeral Train - 720 HD

Also a few stills of the viewing location:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1209.jpg (103.7 KB, 29 downloads)
File Type: jpg DSCN1215.jpg (103.4 KB, 27 downloads)
File Type: jpg DSCN1212.jpg (54.7 KB, 27 downloads)
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 BushTrain.20181206_02.mp4 (97.96 MB, 12 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-06-2018, 10:41 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
I did not know about the train procession! Very interesting, thanks for sharing this.

We actually have a few forum members in College Station. I wonder if any of them took time to see this.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
12-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Free Member

Couldn't get near the procession on the Day of the event, they blocked off Welbourne road in the early AM, film and photos from the West Campus Garage looked really good. The Air Force One flyover on Wed brought out the entire campus and cheers as it banked and turned. The Bush's were and are very very popular in College Station, TX.

To be honest I think they just had so much darn fun in this town they never ever wanted to leave. The Presidential Library has become an integral part of the Community and draws a lot of visitors to all of the fireworks each 4th and New Years. It really helps there is a fairly large airport right next door at Easterwood with regular jet service and a lot of WWII artifacts in the area, like the Propellers of the Enola Gay at the Wind Tunnel facility. The decommissioned Army Air base just South of town has been used by most Presidents for private landings and take offs since it was renovated and turned into the Rellis Campus.

Since their arrival the city has doubled and tripled its population and grown like wildfire, though joining the SEC has brought half the country to all the football games. Just coming to see the Stadium is kind of a reason in itself, its ah.. kind of big.. you can probably see it from orbit.

The Day of the event, the Jets arrived early, We get a lot of military fly overs but these were particularly fast and low flying and did their job well. But I have to say when you have a ton of metal flying at supersonic speeds over your head.. you can hear and feel it all over the city. President Bush really liked flying, skydiving and just spending time in the sky.. he got to do a lot of that this week, and I imagine if he had attended would have had a really good time.

Last edited by jwillis84; 12-08-2018 at 07:54 PM.