04-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Free Member

I have a HP Pavalion a430n. I have used it in the past with an 9600xt All in Wonder card to capture videos.
I used it to capture video and it did not work. Time had past and I went to use it and it would not work. I played around with it several day. I could not get it to work so I reformatted with Windows XP Pro with service pack 2. I installed the All in Wonder software from the original disk that came with the card. The capture card (TV) still does not work. I looked at device manager and in the sound video and gaming section I have a yellow explanation mark on the
ATI WDM Rage Theater Audio (Microsoft Corporation)
ATI WDM Rage Theater Video (Microsoft Corporation)
ATI WDM TV audio (Microsoft Corporation) Cross bar (Microsoft Corporation)

I have another computer with 9600xt. The device manager has the same as above without (Microsoft Corporation in parentheses. I know some how it is loading the wrong drivers.

This what I have done so far. I have click on the drivers with the original disk in the DVD drive and updated the drivers. But still the explanation marks remain. I have deleted the drivers and reinstall and still get the wrong driver when the computer is rebooted. Somewhere Window has the drivers on the O.S. This is a clean install and I have the original drivers from HP, chip set etc, before they are no longer available. I only installed the chip set and audio drivers. How do I get rid of window drivers. I followed the instruction from All in Wonder book how to install the software. Any suggestions?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-29-2020, 05:20 PM
Free Member

Bump, second this.

Also having this issue on my capture PC, except only for the Rage Theater Audio, I'm assuming everything still works fine using VirtualDub. I'm using an AIW 9000 Pro, just updated the latest drivers from ATI's website and installed drivers for the Gigabyte GA-8TRS350MT mobo that's also installed for this computer, also updated to SP2 from SP1 from the original XP Pro.
05-29-2020, 09:21 PM
Premium Member

I think the exclamation mark for Rage Theater Audio would only be an issue if you are planning to select that Audio Device in Virtualdub, instead of selecting the Audio Device you are directly using, i.e. the audio card or onboard audio. The ATI Rage Theater Audio, I would think, is only if you are passing Audio to your Video card via a cable connection between the two. The video card doesn't have any built in audio capture capability, I don't think. My ATI card certainly doesn't.

I don't have that model. But I do have an ATI video card, and a separate audio capture device that is not connected to my video card. I've had no issues with video/audio sync or delay in my setup. Of course, you could get audio drifting over time without an external Frame TBC. In that case, the best you could do is try to configure Virtualdub to recover video/audio sync (see Virtualdub settings guide on the forum for more on that). I select the actual audio device in Virtualdub, not the ATI audio device.

However, if you are running a cable connection directly between your video and audio devices, then the only thought I have (without resorting to a clean XP install) is 1.) create a System Restore backup point via the built in XP system restore tool (in case something doesn't go as planned), 2.) try to completely uninstall the driver (try via an option in the Add/Remove Program list first, then try removing driver and/or device in Device Manager, 3.) Reboot and cancel any attempts by Windows to find a Driver for your Audio Device and confirm that there isn't an ATI Rage Audio Device in the Device Manager (or at least that it doesn't have any driver installed if it is present), 4.) Be sure the drivers for your actual audio device (i.e. audio card or onboard audio) are installed without issue in Device Manager, 5.) Install the ATI Audio from disc, 6.) Reboot

Best of luck to you.