04-15-2019, 10:58 AM
Free Member

So I have the following problem. I have attached a video camera to the VCR's front panel S-Video jack. For some reason, the picture does not come into a virtualdub and I do not know what it is. My VCR has a TBC function and I want the signal from the camera to go through the VCR to the Ati All-In-Wonder 7500 capture card, and from there to the virtualdub, but the picture does not appear. What could be wrong with the video that the camcorder sends to the virtualdub?

Without a VCR, the picture is displayed. I need to be able to use the VCR in between because it has a TBC. Video Maker also is TBC, but I have read that there must be another TBC TBC In addition to the camera.

My intention is to digitize Hi8 video cassettes. The videos are in PAL format because I live in Finland.

Refinements that still have thus connected to the video camera to the VCR front panel of the S-video connector.

My video camera name is: Sony DCR-TRV230E

VCR name is: Panasonic NV-HS1000
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Free Member

The TBC in the VHS deck is only active on cassettes being played back in the machine. It doesn't affect signals being input to it.

There is a switch on the front to select whether the S-Video or the composite (single yellow cable) is used on the front input. You also have to select the right input. It also has to be set to the right channel (A3 on the one we got).
04-15-2019, 12:00 PM
Free Member

The video on the camera is TBC so maybe it's enough? But I still need to use the VCR to get the video image and sound to go to the Ati All-In-Wonder 7500 agb capture card.

I use the S-video cable because I have to digitalise also VHS tapes.

Now there is only the problem that how do I get the video to view the camera image in the virtualdub. I'm trying to run fast on the remote control numbers, but I have not received yet the right channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey View Post
The TBC in the VHS deck is only active on cassettes being played back in the machine. It doesn't affect signals being input to it.

There is a switch on the front to select whether the S-Video or the composite (single yellow cable) is used on the front input. You also have to select the right input. It also has to be set to the right channel (A3 on the one we got).
Thanks for now I managed to get a video camera image from VCR!
04-15-2019, 12:25 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
Why are you going from the camera through the VCR? Connect the s-video cable directly from the camera to the s-video input on the AIW 7500's input dongle. The VCR itself does nothing for the signal from your camera and, as hodgey says, the VCR's tbc has no effect on the signal from the camera.

How do you know the camera doesn't have a tbc? Many cameras have one.
04-15-2019, 01:09 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
Why are you going from the camera through the VCR? Connect the s-video cable directly from the camera to the s-video input on the AIW 7500's input dongle. The VCR itself does nothing for the signal from your camera and, as hodgey says, the VCR's tbc has no effect on the signal from the camera.
How do you know the camera doesn't have a tbc? Many cameras have one.
I said that here in my camera is TBC. TBC is turned on from the camera.

I need to use a google translator maybe it's a mess of words.

Since you have told me the TBC of the VCR does nothing for the signal, there is really no need to connect the camera to the VCR.

So I plug it directly into the Ati All-In-Wonder 7500 agp card.

-- merged --

I am Switch the video camera directly to the Ati All-In-Wonder 7500 agp S-video connector. I can not get any sounds to come VirtualDub, and I have come to different settings, but it does not help. I suspect that I might be missing some cable? At least VCR must have audio cables separately but I don't know the video from the camera.