Go Back    Forum > Digital Photography > Photo Processing, Scanning & Printing

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-25-2019, 12:27 PM
Premium Member

I've been looking for a good, simple photo management/storage system. Came across reviews for Kwilt (https://www.mykwilt.com/) and Monument (https://getmonument.com/) devices, and was wondering if anyone here has experience with these. I'm not crazy about putting my photos on the cloud, and these look like interesting alternatives, providing local storage, backup, and tagging capabilities.
--Doug
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-22-2020, 01:18 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
At a glance, it looks to be a proprietary NAS of some kind. And perhaps fairly expensive for what it is?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
01-24-2020, 01:28 PM
Premium Member

Yeah, a relatively limited (or maybe application specific is a better description) NAS. The thing that intrigued me was the automated tagging capability - would be nice to have the thousands of picts auto tagged for face recognition, location, etc. Do you now of any sw app that does this? The AI that Google brings to the party is the only reason I would ever use the cloud for mass picture storage, and that's still not enough in my opinion.