Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-10-2019, 07:31 AM
Free Member

Hello to everyone.
I have a rather simple question but i cannot find a simple answer..
I want to do some VHS capturing and i am trying to verify what is the best way to tackle this.
Right now i have a PCI Pixelview TV Ultra Tv Card (Cx2xx/10bit) that worked OK with Windows XP but now all my machines are Win10 and i see that the market is flooded with USB grabbers.
For reasons of "consolidating" my machines it would be great if i could avoid having one more machine to do the capturing (which Pixelview rather requires...this causes some extra issues because the available machines accepts only low profile cards and i would have to make a time-consuming transplant) and use a USB solution but if my memory serves me right a lot of years i tried one of this and its quality was worse than awful.
So has the quality impoved and i could dump the whole PCI based solution or i should stick to it (PCI) ?

Thanks in advance
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors