Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-24-2020, 07:19 PM
Free Member

I have an older RCA model VCR that won't load the tape. It pushes in with no obstruction but doesn't open the door of the cassette. If I push down on the cassette I can get it to load, and the first time I did this the tape actually loaded and appeared to play, although I had no TV that seemed to be able to pair up with the older connections so I could not view if it was indeed playing. I was able to stop it by pressing stop, but it would not eject until I pulled up slightly on the cassette, and then it did eject. Going through the process a second time I could again force the cassette to load by pressing down on the cassette but the tape itself would not load.

I am fairly new to trying to see if I can fix any of my older machines - I have about 4 devices that are either VCR, DVD, or combo devices that need some attention, and I'm very good at tearing them apart but not as skilled in figuring out what is wrong or putting them back together, but wanted to give it a try. This device is too old to bother taking it for repair, so either I figure it out or it gets recycled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files
File Type: mov RCA VCR.mov (17.68 MB, 1 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-24-2020, 08:42 PM
Free Member

I also found a small part loose inside the machine - I'm assuming it broke off somewhere.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCA Part.jpg (165.4 KB, 4 downloads)