06-29-2020, 11:48 PM
Free Member

Hi all

I have an Iden IVT7 TBC, as that was the most affordable option for me.

Is there anybody on here with experience using/calibrating this TBC?

I am missing both the user and service manuals. I've seen it mentioned on here that set up/calibration is particularly important to get the most out of these things. I'm wondering if anybody that has access to the manuals can share them or if anyone that has knowledge about the calibration can please share that as well.

I've already replaced the loud stock fan as suggested by lordsmurf.

many thanks!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-30-2020, 12:03 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Some of the calibration is covered in the user manual, which I need to scan.

There are surely more precise ways to calibrate the unit, with scopes and all. But these tend to be finicky from age and overuse, and can be hellish to tweak. My last IVT7 was eyeballed against a TBC-3000. I have a lot of gear to play with, especially for comparisons, and situational cloning. I'm not really sure how you can do this yourself, without another known-good TBC as a control. Eyeball it without? That will be far messier, more variables, but better than nothing.

How does it look right now? Too bright, washed, desaturated, tinted?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs