Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-16-2020, 03:18 PM
Free Member

Hello everyone;

So I bought this JVC HR-7500U on eBay. Seller listed it saying everything was it good working order, he also mentioned it "has been aligned by me using an oscilloscope for accuracy". Cosmetically everything looks great

The VCR arrived today, I was there to meet the FedEx guy. It seemed to have been carefully and properly packed, get it out of the bubble wrap and plug it in. Turns on fine. Load a tape and press play, the screen goes black then it turns off flashing "Auto". Turn it back on with the tape still inside, it stays on for maybe a second then just turns off again.

I eject the tape and manually set the time and date, try another tape (recorded in SP), same thing happens. I try another one, again SP. Same thing, again. I try a few EP tapes and switch the setting on the VCR to EP mode. Same thing.

I finally open up the the top cover and look to see what's going on. I try putting in another tape, and this happens:

https://youtu.be/eRG1DOwdqYQ

After witnessing the tape slip off the spindles on the right side, I noticed the other little black piece parallel to it has this white thing on top of it, should there be one like this on the other side too?

20201216_135845.jpg

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

I tried searching online for a photo of another HR-S7500U with the top off to compare, but I couldn't find any. I apologize for my lack of technical terms regarding the pieces I'm referring to, but is the problem here an easy fix, or something more complicated? Any input you could provide on the subject I would greatly appreciate. Please and thank you.

Matt

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-17-2020, 02:27 AM
Free Member

The video drum is not spinning, I helped one of the members here who had the same problem replacing a PCB mounted power fuse, Look up threads you will find it, I think his model was HR-S7600AM. If the head spun and you get the shutdown that will most likely be the Dynamic drum system failure which is still possible if you fix the first problem. Good luck.

Tags
hr-s7500u, turns off, vcr