12-01-2020, 05:16 AM
Free Member

Hi everyone

Very excited to pickup this machine given the great reviews. However, Ive set it up and encountering the following issue.

Through S-Video out, there is no video signal. I'll try and describe the problem with dot points.
a. Cassette inserts and plays fine. All rewind, FF and play functions occur
b. No error codes
c. There is a flicker on the screen when the system is turned on then goes to blue screen.
d. When video plays, screen goes black. Nothing more. Back to blue when stops.
e. Menu and settings do not appear when pressed. No signs of life, only a black screen.
f. Audio plays fine through the headphone out port on the front.
g. Same issue occurs through both s-video ports.
h. Dont have plugs to test composite and component card not installed.

What is going on here?

Can anyone recommend a repairer in Sydney, Australia?

Thanks for any replies.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-31-2020, 10:17 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
I don't understand the appeal of these old decks. More than not, you run into faults. You'd get far better results using the prosumer decks from JVC.

That Sony was mostly an editor deck, wasn't it? (Fairly certain the answer is "yes".)

Random: Found this interesting site while Googling to model: https://amigavideo.net/rec/

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs