digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Video Hardware Repair (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/)
-   -   LG DVD-5063, 5083, 5095, 5183, 5253, 6053 player hack (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-repair/390-lg-dvd-5063-a.html)

lordsmurf 03-01-2009 02:47 AM

LG DVD-5063, 5083, 5095, 5183, 5253, 6053 player hack

1 Attachment(s)
Note: This hack also works on the Aiwa AVJ-X33 and JVC HR-XV2

What is this? This is an attempt to prevent certain files from being lost, an archive for older files that have slowly disappeared from the Internet. Most hack sites are from common folks using free hosts, and when they lose interest, the file goes bye-bye. Hopefully these posts of mine can help curb that loss.

Notes:
  • You'll need to be a Free Member (or Premium Member) to download files.
  • Please consider a small donation of $3 to this site, to cover our operating costs.
  • If you need help, reply to this thread, and see if somebody else may have some advice or answers for you. Do not private message (PM) me questions about hacks, as everything I know is already written here.
Quick Instructions: Burn the folder 'RMTM0000' to a CD-R making sure that the directories stay in order. Put into DVD player.

Detailed Instructions:
  1. Download the firmware file, and unzip the file.
  2. Burn the folders and file to a CD-R. Do not use Nero or Roxio, but instead a freeware program like CDBurnerXP, InfraRecorder or ImgBurn for burning the CD-RD. In InfraRecorder, disable "Use Joliet file name extension" in Project Properties > ISO. Everything else left set to default.
  3. Eject the DVD player tray, place the CD-R on the tray, and press the power button. This will power off the DVD player, and insert the CD-R. Now press the power button again, and the DVD player will turn on and read the CD-R.
  4. A very simple menu will appear showing two lines. The first one is for you to enter which region to use, and the second line is the current selected region. Press 0 and enter, which means "region free".
  5. Done!
Do I really need to hack my player? Nope! An alternative to hacking a DVD player is to simply "hack" the disc (copy the disc, removing region protection in the process). Read more on that topic here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/home...s-regions.html

Update: An alternative way of making the unit region-free, using the remote only, has also been documented at post #27 of this thread.

ImConfused 08-25-2009 12:07 AM

JVC XV-N670B. It works. Thanks

admin 08-25-2009 01:50 AM

That's good to hear, thanks much for reporting this additional player, and confirming it has worked successfully for you.

Enjoy. :)

ImConfused 08-26-2009 07:23 PM

The Model number was XV-N670BUJL (a dual voltage model). I don't know if that will make a difference. The box was XV-N670B.

titou314 11-01-2009 10:52 AM

Hello,

it is not working for HT503, the CD is rejected after a few seconds. Have you any solution for this DVD player ?

Many thanks !

Titou.

admin 11-01-2009 12:30 PM

No further specific information is available.

When the above hacks "don't work", the problem is usually due to not using a good quality CD-R, or not following the instructions precisely as written.

And welcome to the site! :)

zahwani 11-09-2009 02:13 AM

works for HT503

actually ,it works , when the disc is ejected , follow the steps as indicated

press 0 then "enter" then "pause"

that's it ,it's region free

bayles84 11-29-2009 01:21 PM

I have the HT503 and have tried everyting. I have burned this file more than once on more than one cd and it doesnt work.

admin 11-29-2009 01:57 PM

Sometimes it boils down to nothing more than your choice of blank disc. Try to use one of the better blank CD-R's, be it Verbatim, Maxell or Sony.

acyerkes 02-06-2010 03:44 AM

This doesn't work for the HT503PH. I used an Imation disc and followed instructions.

FrankAyaoge 04-02-2010 09:43 AM

Ht503

Not working for me!!! :(
Off to buy some blank Sony discs!

acyerkes 04-03-2010 02:56 AM

I stand corrected

I spoke too soon when I said earlier that it doesn't work. With some additional tinkering, I was able to get it to work, now I have a universal player. Thank you very much for making this available!

admin 04-04-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acyerkes (Post 11416)
I spoke too soon when I said earlier that it doesn't work. With some additional tinkering, I was able to get it to work, now I have a universal player. Thank you very much for making this available!

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it worked. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankAyaoge (Post 11414)
Not working for me!!! Off to buy some blank Sony discs!

Yep, blank discs can make a difference. See http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm for a list of the best blank discs, and where to get them at great low prices.

carlosvillacis 04-15-2010 07:30 PM

when i try to download the file goes to a carpet with the name attachement.php then i dont knpow what to do

xtremeone 06-19-2010 10:56 AM

Can't get it to work (HT503) ... Help!

I'm trying this on my LG HT503TH but it doesn't seem to work, the CD just gets ejected and i don't get any screen or menu afterwards. Maybe i'm not burning the CD correctly, is there a specific way to burn the folder onto the CD, i'm simply copying the hack folder then burning it onto the CD. What do you mean make sure the directories stay in order
... Please Help :-(

admin 06-19-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosvillacis (Post 11595)
when i try to download the file goes to a carpet with the name attachement.php then i dont knpow what to do

You're supposed to left-click to get the download, not right-click and "save as". The file is served from a database, it's not in the file system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremeone (Post 11850)
I'm trying this on my LG HT503TH but it doesn't seem to work, the CD just gets ejected and i don't get any screen or menu afterwards. Maybe i'm not burning the CD correctly, is there a specific way to burn the folder onto the CD, i'm simply copying the hack folder then burning it onto the CD. What do you mean make sure the directories stay in order
... Please Help :-(

Burn the contents of the folder, not the folder itself.

jason1uk 07-04-2010 05:51 PM

Ht503ph

Quote:

Originally Posted by acyerkes (Post 11416)

what was the additional tinkering?? having problems with getting mine to work!:confused:

abbe 07-07-2010 12:11 PM

It does not work!! I have burned 2 CDR disc and a DVD disc and it still does not work. The cd just ejects and when I press 0+enter+paus nothing happens..wath do I do wrong :confused:

I mean I do wath it says in the readme file and still it does not work..PLEASE HELPPPP

admin 07-08-2010 12:16 AM

It must be a CD-R, and it may not work when using a cheapo grade CD-R. Use a well-known brand name discs, preferably Verbatim CD-R.
Are you sure it's not already hacked from one of your first attempts?

abbe 07-10-2010 10:45 AM

ok,I got the Verbatim CD-RW disc and did the same thing and still it does not work :(
I burned the file in the scarlet map and then I put the disc in the playar and it rejected it then I pressed 0+enter+paus.
Is there something more? I cant watch any films I got from US :(