Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Free Member

Send a message via AIM to ECruzDigital Send a message via Yahoo to ECruzDigital
Hi Folks,

Do anyone knows or have a firmware for Liteon LVW-1107HC1 DVD Recorder, that would bypass Macrovison???

I used to have a CD of all the firmwares files for the Liteon LVW models. And I just recalled that I accidently threw the darn CD away in the garbage!!! Probably I wasn't pay any attention to the word I wote on it, "Liteon". I wrote it, but it was long time ago, and by accident I threw it away last week, and the garbage man picked it up. That would've been a good one to use.

But now, since that I don't have it, I couldn't find them on Google. That where I found those LVW models firmwares, a few years back.

Do anyone knows a trick on how to modify the LVW-1107HC1 by remote control??? Becuase you can on the Region by highlight the "Exit" and press number 2,9,6 and enter for the Region settings.

I thought there might be some code numbers in the same way for bypassing macrovision?? To record old VHS movies that has Macrovision protection.

Finding a firmware hack for LVW-1107HC1 is hard to find, or there isn't such thing. And beside this model DVD recorder does NOT have a USB port and does NOT have a DB-9 port to flash firmware into it.

I think there's got to be a way to bypass Macorvision by using a remote control, if you know the code numbers?????

The Liteon LVW-1107HC1 is a small and mediam size DVD recorder. It look like a portable player/recorder unit.

Oh, by they way, maybe I should change back to Region 1, instead of Region free. Because I'm in the North America.

Do you kinow or have you done any tricks on Liteon LVW models that would allow you to copy VHS movies onto DVD, by bypassing Macrovision????

Hope all helps for answers.

Thank you,
Eugene
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Do anyone knows or have a firmware for Liteon LVW-1107HC1 DVD Recorder, that would bypass Macrovison???
Everything known about LiteOn DVD recorders is here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/home...lo-daytek.html

Quote:
I used to have a CD of all the firmwares files for the Liteon LVW models. And I just recalled that I accidently threw the darn CD away in the garbage!!!
The same thing happened to the owner of pumapeople.com. He stopped hosting the files because it took up too much bandwidth, and it wasn't even the focus of that site. (It's about cars.) As years went by, he lost the CD backups both for the firmware itself, as well as backups of the earlier incarnations of the website. If he ever comes across the files on a backup, he promised to send us a copy.

I bet you had the pumapeople.com files.

This the reason we started to mirror certain files, related to devices that we suggested to others. We grabbed files from various free hosts (Geocities, Angelfire, etc) and attached them to forum posts. One of the more popular posts on this site is the collection of ATI software/drivers/hacks: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...der-hacks.html because ATI no longer exists (part of AMD now), and AMD dumped all the classic ATI stuff.

Quote:
Do anyone knows a trick on how to modify the LVW-1107HC1 by remote control??? Becuase you can on the Region by highlight the "Exit" and press number 2,9,6 and enter for the Region settings. ...... I thought there might be some code numbers in the same way for bypassing macrovision?? ..... I think there's got to be a way to bypass Macorvision by using a remote control, if you know the code numbers?????
The only remote trick is the region change.
2-9-6-0 makes it region-free. That works on virtually every LiteOn and iLo DVD recorder.

Quote:
Finding a firmware hack for LVW-1107HC1 is hard to find, or there isn't such thing. And beside this model DVD recorder does NOT have a USB port and does NOT have a DB-9 port to flash firmware into it.
All hacking was done by altering firmware updates, which were burned on a CD-R.

Quote:
Oh, by they way, maybe I should change back to Region 1, instead of Region free. Because I'm in the North America.
Leave it as 0 --- that's fine.

Quote:
Do you kinow or have you done any tricks on Liteon LVW models that would allow you to copy VHS movies onto DVD, by bypassing Macrovision????
You'd be better off with a TBC. Read more here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...time-base.html

... and welcome to the site.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.