Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Free Member

Hello friendly folks of DigitalFAQ!

The PROBLEM: I am in desperate need of finding the original service manual and calibration tape of JVC BR-S822E supplement TBC card, the JVC SA-T22E.

Short story short: I was lucky to find a JVC BR-S822E from ebay in perfect condition. In addition I found a factory packed JVC SA-T22E TBC option (in total 3 boards) for it from ebay as well. The problem is that the TBC does not work properly as chroma and luminance channels get twisted when the TBC option is on. Hence the need for a service manual and original calibration tape to attempt calibration of the TBC though it is well possible that the TBC cards, as they're an old piece of gear, have some components failing. However I don't see any better option but to try and see how it goes.

Any help and guiding is greatly appreciated!

EDIT-

I'll just answere my own question. There is no way to calibrate the JVC TBC. The problem lies most probably in caps...
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-22-2014, 11:02 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
The JVC BR-S822E VCR is an ancient recording-only deck made back in the 80s or early 90s. It was never intended for high-quality playback. TBCs on those old units were intended for genlock, not visual clean-up of old VHS tapes -- ie, not part of a DNR system.

That's why it was so cheap -- nobody wants one.

The suggested VCRs are here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...ing-guide.html

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs

Tags
br-s822, broadcast, jvc, sa-t22, tbc