Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Free Member

Hey there everyone,

I know this is an esoteric question - I'm hoping that perhaps somebody here has had some experience with this board and might be able to advise me. I have been using a Panasonic WJ-MX10 for several years to construct video collages - I love it, it's a versatile board and I've been pushing it as hard as I can. Recently when googling for the manuals for each piece of my set-up I discovered that you could do a modification to the Superimpose Effect of the board in order to get better Lumakey effects, which was very intriguing to me and exciting as a possibility.

I successfully got the mod done - wires soldered to IC pins without incident, switch mounted, everything is GREAT - except after sealing the board back up and booting it back up, all four of the audio channels on the board seem to be non-functioning. I've downloaded a service manual, been over the schematics and I can't figure out what's wrong. The audio meter reads out briefly when the board is powered on (and off,) but all four channels are non-responsive when connected to RCA inputs (the microphone input on the front is wired to a 1/4" jack; It, too, is unresponsive.)

Full disclosure time: The person who was helping me with the board initially cut a wire from the incorrect harness to run to the SPDT used for modifying the board. I opened it back up and corrected his mistake, resoldering the connection he had broken and putting the switch where it ought to be (Pin 7, Connector 4.) The issue now, as I said, is that none of the audio channels are working - and I can't figure out why. The wire that was incorrectly removed was Pin 8 from the connector two over from Connector 4 (not sure precisely how they're numbered, I presume this is Connector 2 but can't be certain.) I've downloaded a service manual and consulted it, but I'm incredibly confused as to what may have happened. Aside from disconnecting a power source whose cord was too short to allow me to open the case without taking it out of place, I have touched literally nothing in here beyond these connections.

I realize this is an antiquated piece of gear - but ANY help that ya'll could offer me would be endlessly appreciated, I don't want to have to go back to square one and purchase a new one of these boards Thanks a lot!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5953.jpg (129.3 KB, 4 downloads)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf panasonic_wj-mx10_sm.pdf (21.93 MB, 2 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors