Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-16-2019, 10:02 AM
Free Member

Hello.
i hope its ok to post this question here ..
i have this problem ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr9W...2RfLav7h-U3pPg

im trying to output RGBs from a fairlight cvi into a framemeister and capture it with a PC. Fairlight RGBs > Framemeister > Gamecaptur > pc
when the fairlight is working standalone (with no external video going in to it) it works great and i can capture beautiful crisp footage from the Fairlight but when i feed the fairlight with any external video (from VCR or PC) the output footage jumps all around as it has some sync problems (i assume)
now the problem is not with the fairlight because when i output the fairlight RGBs to a CRT monitor everything works great
also when i output a composite video from the fairlight into the framemeister all is good but i want to use the RGB as it looks much better!

i attached the FairlightCVI specs if it helps in any way
im trying to find a solution for this problem for a few years now with no success .. any help would be much appreciated
thank you

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fairligh Spec.jpg (110.8 KB, 4 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-16-2019, 11:49 AM
Free Member

Couldn't be a simpler and better way to capture RGB other than those bulky equipment?
It looks like a frame rate problem, Is that framemeister device frameware up-gradable?
02-16-2019, 03:01 PM
Free Member

tnx for the replay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by latreche34 View Post
Couldn't be a simpler and better way to capture RGB other than those bulky equipment?
not that i know of
Quote:
Originally Posted by latreche34 View Post
It looks like a frame rate problem, Is that framemeister device frameware up-gradable?
the framemeister is with the newest firmware .. if thats what you meant ..
02-20-2019, 07:04 AM
Premium Member

Try feeding it footage from the live output of a camcorder. Something tells me this device doesn't like unstable output from VCRs. PC output can't always be trusted either. For something like this you usually need a genlockable TBC to synchronize on the inputs since its an analog mixer. Looks like this device is similar to the Video Toaster in that it gets its signal timing from the 1st composite input and every other source needs to be genlocked to that signal as well.
02-20-2019, 11:32 AM
Free Member

Hey thank you for the help
What eventually worked was
feeding the fairlight with composite from pc but using the loop thrugh output as sync thru a sync separator and the RGB from RGB output ..
im so happy
02-20-2019, 12:31 PM
Premium Member

Seems......convoluted, but it works. Wonder if the composite sync output on the back of the unit is broken? Also surprised that the Framemeister couldn't directly accept composite video as a sync source.

Tags
fairlight, framemeiste