Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Free Member

I have a Panasonic Newvicon Omnipro camera, which I purchased used. As bought, it had a strange issue where on initial power-on, the picture would be greenish, washed-out, and vertically mis-aligned. You could actually see some sort of graticule built into the tube at the bottom of the picture. Given time to warm up, the picture will gradually come back into vertical alignment and the green tint will vanish. At that point, it actually has a very good picture for a single-tube camera - very sharp.

Suspecting bad capacitors, I've replaced everything I could access. The camera has a built-in titler and has a complicated flex-board construction wrapping around the tube, and there were a few caps I could not reach due to worries that I'd never get the flex cables connecting the boards back together again. What I did do is spray freeze spray at the remaining caps when the camera was operating, to see if I could unsettle the picture, but no luck.

So the camera is 95% recapped and the issue persists. My guess is it is some sort of deflection drive issue on the vertical. Usually with solid state things get worse with heat not better.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors