Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Free Member

Hi:

I have been searching high-and-low, and could not find one anywhere.

Can someone please direct me to where I might be able to download one?

Much appreciated!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Free Member

I just uploaded it to the forums: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-...panasonic.html Enjoy! Woops, you wanted the owners manual, sorry about that. I might have that here somewhere.
07-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Free Member

Yes, please.
I am looking for the owner's manual.
Just couldn't find it anywhere!
Thanks.
07-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Free Member

I just noticed last night that I have the original owners manual (my 1970 came fresh in the box). However, I might not be able to scan it as I haven't touched my scanner in years. I will give it a try for you as as I can. Anything in particular I can help you with in the meantime? I assume your looking for the instructions on how to edit?

I love the 1970P the more I use it. Primarily because it tracks anything I throw at it and while it has a pretty weak TBC, the DNR can be turned off, unlike the 1980, and it has such a wide tracking range. My eyes are sensitive to the "image trails" and plasticity of the early DNR, that I really have started to hate it on anything besides animation.

Anyway, I'll work on getting my scanner up and see what I can do for you. If not, maybe someone on the board can scan my copy. Its so weird that the owners manual is hard to find online (or maybe i didn't dig enough).

Edit: I just looked at both my owners manual and the service manual. The service manual has the same operating instructions at the beginning that the owners manual has.

Last edited by Tuco; 07-07-2016 at 11:22 AM.
07-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Free Member

Hi Tuco:

Thank you very much for scanning the operation manual. It just could not be found anywhere on the internet!

I also like this machine very much. I was very lucky finding a VERY clean unit. It came from a closed out Funeral home, where it was used exclusively taping services at 2 hours at a time, placed at a fixed location, where they give the customer the 2-hour tape after each service. It was never used as an editing deck. Hardly ever getting the torture of FF/REW/JOG SHUTTLE etc. So far it tracking incredibly well for EVERY tape I own. Tape in/out is super smooth, too.

I just feel I need to know every little bit about it, and incomplete without the operation manual. I also found the service manual online, but I doubt I will ever try to repair anything in this machine, except cleaning.

By the way, I notice that the remote shown in the service manual is different than what it is SUPPOSED to come with (VEQ1711). Do you have the original remote? What part number is it?

Thanks and I look forward to seeing your scanned operation manual.

Vince.
07-09-2016, 05:04 AM
Free Member

My pleasure. I will try to get it done this weekend before I leave for two weeks vacation on Monday, assuming I get the scanner working. If not, I'll get to it when I get back. I also have never scanned a manual before so this will be something new

Yeah, I got lucky on this one for $140 mint in box several years ago along with an unused AG-A95 editing controller. Apparently this was a spare from wedding recording company that shut down and needed to get rid of everything. I have many VCRs in my arsenal but I find myself using this one a lot more lately. Its a nice machine.

AG-1970.png

Yup, mine has the original remote. Model# is VEQ1413

I'll update when I have everything setup to scan.

07-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Free Member

Tuco:

Wow, your photo of the what you got for $140 just makes me jealous!

Isn't it ironic that you found your from a closed down wedding business, and mine from a closed down funeral service.

Please try to scan this weekend, and not leave me hanging for 2 more weeks

Thank you for confirming the remote. Everywhere I search online points to VEG 1711 being the original remote, and yet you confirm that you have the VEQ 1413 being the same as pictured in the manual.
07-10-2016, 01:41 AM
Free Member

Got everything working and scanned it tonight. This is is my first scan with basic freeware, so it might be a little rough at spots but all the info is there.

You can find it here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vcr-...0p-owners.html

Quote:
Thank you for confirming the remote. Everywhere I search online points to VEG 1711 being the original remote, and yet you confirm that you have the VEQ 1413 being the same as pictured in the manual.
The VEQ1711 is the remote that originally came with the AG1980P, but they are pretty much interchangeable which is why you probably see people referring to it as a 1970P remote.

Quote:
Isn't it ironic that you found your from a closed down wedding business, and mine from a closed down funeral service.
I'll take one from a wedding photography company over a funeral parlor any day!
The following users thank Tuco for this useful post: mbextreme (07-10-2016)
07-10-2016, 02:06 AM
Free Member

Thank you very much!

I downloaded and printed it out already. Good scan
05-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Free Member

I just wanted to say Thank You for scanning the manual. I downloaded it as well. I just arranged to purchase an AG-1970 on ebay. This one is from a police station—not a wedding parlor or a funeral home. It was useful to find out what remote it uses as well, since this unit does not come with a remote. I was able to find the correct remote on line, and to order it at the same time.
Ken
05-28-2019, 04:30 PM
Free Member

Glad I could help. Hope your 1970 serves you well!
05-28-2019, 04:43 PM
Free Member

I hope that it works well. Buying used electronics on ebay is scarey!
06-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Free Member

Quote:
From a police station?
Unclaimed stolen property? Or no longer used by detectives to view security tapes?
06-02-2019, 01:41 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalomaki View Post
Unclaimed stolen property? Or no longer used by detectives to view security tapes?
Probably the latter. If it came from a station, odds are it was part of an in-house media forensics lab (photo, video, audio). Most places long ago moved to digital surveillance, so something like this would has simply sat unused on a shelf.

I'd consulted with police in years past, back when they'd still get S-VHS/VHS surveillance tapes submitted. Some of the video restoration and blank media information found on this site, written by me, is still found in various "best practices" manuals used by law enforcement. In more recent years, I'm occasionally contacted by PIs working on cold cases, where the evidence is still stored on the analog VHS source tapes.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs

Tags
ag-1970