Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Premium Member

This is a strange question for sure

Have a JVC DRM10S DVD Recorder which I purchased online, however the DVD burner has never worked. This unit from my own testing plays DVD's fine, and doesn't have the "LOADING" problem found on many of these units.

The other day, pulled the DVD recorder part out of the unit, and was trying to look at it, however no idea were I can get a stand alone recorder part for this unit. Need to buy a broken down DRM10S, that has a working DVD recorder to replace the part in my unit, or be able to find the part.

Does anyone know were I can get this part or have a broken JVC DRM10S that just goes in to loading mode?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (24.9 KB, 13 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Free Member

I have a few of these units lying around that I've repaired, so I might be able to help you out. I'll have to check when I go back to the storage unit. Last I remember, all the drives were working fine once I recapped them.
12-21-2016, 09:06 PM
Premium Member

If you have a broken down unit, all I need is the DVD drive out of it. Have had zero luck hunting one of these units down. Something during the burning process is broken and the machine will not even finalize discs. The Drive actually plays DVD's fine. This has been sitting around for about a year and over the summer, tried to get it working and knew it just needed a new drive. To hunt down specific parts from a 12 year old DVD recorder is really hard.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic2.jpg (49.6 KB, 6 downloads)
12-23-2016, 06:37 AM
Free Member

No problem, I can help you out. I'll pull one out this weekend. Previous owner decided to probe the power board while it was hot and ended up blowing the VR and a few other items that I don't feel like tracking down. The drive should be fine, but I'll test it first. I'll let you know when I've tested it and we can exchange information.

Nice image choice....
01-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Premium Member

Ok Tuco,

I wanted to show this for a while, don't have any capture software so this is the best I could come up with but you will get the point.

A few years ago had this insane idea of building Clint Eastwood for a video game and adding the Good the Bad and the Ugly theme to it. Knew nothing about what the hell I was doing, just an insane idea.......So I figured it out....And built it......

Not only that, took Clint's gun sounds from the Dirty Harry movies and used it for his gun. Than took other gun shots from those old classics. Then created two fully active companions for the Fallout game....While building this entire wild soundtrack around it, that plays right in to the game.

Here are the clips, from the video game, sorry for the crappy quality......I never released this MOD some other guy tried to copy the idea. I didn't texture Clint Eastwood either someone else made those textures.

Attached Files
File Type: mpg SAMPLE1.mpg (87.62 MB, 6 downloads)

Last edited by deter; 01-06-2017 at 01:32 PM.
01-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Premium Member

Tuco,

Here are some more clips from the video game, honestly it is just completely wild, to have Van Cleef and Eastwood running around. Than having all the old school themes.

It was just really cool to pull this all off.

Than I did Gene Hunt from the Life on Mars BBC show, he is a really cool character for these games as well.

Than created all these different guns, the old german WII machine guns, James Bond gun, a Sniper Riffle from Saving Private Ryan. Needed a merchant to sell them, so created Tony Montana aka Scarface. It is just an insane mixed of movie / TV characters but it all seems so natural when you play the game.

Attached Files
File Type: mpg sample2.mpg (90.13 MB, 6 downloads)

Last edited by deter; 01-06-2017 at 02:13 PM.