Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-01-2021, 06:17 PM
Free Member

I have a 1T-TBC and the other day we had a power surge and it blow the unit. I have been searching for a place to have it repaired and can not locate any place that will repair it. My question is, does anyone know a place that will repair the circuit board for a 1T-TBC. This is an older model. Thank you
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Free Member

For a PAL tape you need PAL-compatible gear.

It looks like a frequency is leaking into the video displacing the scan line, and it appears to have about 15 cycles per field, which could correspond to around 900 Hz in NTSC land, or 750 Hz in PAL. The problem looks like it is mainly adding a voltage to the video so that it both it displaces the sync vertically and and modifies the brightness of each scan line.

How does it look if played directly to a TV? using a different player? If the TV display looks OK it may be a problem with the capture card, VCR, or your TBC, possibly something as simple as poor filtration from a switching power supply or even an odd ground loop riding the video signal.
02-01-2021, 07:11 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
This is why a TBC must always be placed an a UPS. TBCs don't have fuses, no protections, and were intended to always be on protected circuits (broadcaster, studio, etc).

I know somebody that can maybe take a look at it, but he's probably busy right now.
What is the serial of the unit?

Have you considered that it may just be a bad power supply?

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: archivarious (02-03-2021)
02-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Free Member

I called different companies to see if they repaired the unit. One tech told me to check the power supply. I did and find out it is only putting out 8.7 to 9 volts. Then I called the company that made the T1-TBC and talked to a tech. He told me what the specs for the plugin part to the T1-TBC. He also told me that the units don't go out that often. I found a power supply that matches the specs and ordering it on Amazon. When I receive the power supply I will reply back to see if that fixes the problem. Yes I will put my equipment on a battery back up. I had it on a power surge protector and that I was protected. I know better now.
02-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Free Member

I received the power supply. I hooked it up to the T1-TBC and it works. The problem was the power supply. I am relieved. Looks like lordsmurf was right it was the power supply. Thanks for the help.