Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-28-2019, 01:27 PM
Free Member

Sorry I have sent you a personal message I was just seeing if you were still around.

I have had to purchase an old lite-on recorder having problems with my 5045gdl+ I only use it to capture old VHS tapes with macrovision. I got hold of a 760gx but I'm needing the firmware from it so I can hack it so I can get rid of the macrovision. Though I can't find it anywhere all firmware versions have been removed from liteons site and they aren't being helpful at all.

If I can't find this file

Liteon HD-A760GX Firmware En LNPBE033

Is there anyway of grabbing the firmware straight off the drive.

Also does the firmware actually flash a chip on the board or does it flash something on the HHD itself? because if so would taking the hard drive out of my old recorder and putting it in the 760gx work.

Many thanks for any help and advice

-- merged --

Nice to see your still active I messaged you because I am sure you were a member of an old forum I was also on many years back my username was lord alibaski, can't remember the proper name for it but think it was something like missgillspie and she run a liteon forum.

The hack has worked wonders for me personally with the vhs tapes I have. I still have 2 great video recorders a Panasonic NV-HS830B-S and a JVC HR-S7722EK,

I've also been looking at Time Base Controllers but they seem way too pricey for me. Most of the tapes I'm doing at the moment look pretty fine when converted. I've started to re-up all my videos again to youtube, might not be your thing but look at some of these conversions.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB0...WmVYszF9qllrNA

I used to use a Plextor convertX PX-M402U to capture and that bypassed all Macrovision but the thing doesn't work with Windows 10 or I would use that and just capture it in mpeg2

I'll have a look at the market place in a minute see what you have for sale

-- merged --

Simple question for you lordsmurf

If I flashed my UK drive with a US firmware would the outcome be a none working machine? only asking because I found this version of the firmware

LiteOn760GX-US-LNPBU028

or would it work but make my machine NTSE format instead of PAL

daft questions I know.

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-01-2019, 01:30 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lojelo5 View Post
I was just seeing if you were still around.
Yes.

Quote:
Nice to see your still active
Thanks.

Quote:
If I can't find this file
Is there anyway of grabbing the firmware straight off the drive.
I just do not remember anymore. It's been 15 years since I did LiteOn clone firmware hacking.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs