Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-22-2020, 03:11 PM
Free Member

Hey there,

I've been struggling with this for hours now...

I bought the Digitnow BR117 (https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Digitnow-...tronics&sr=1-1) and installed it. The software that comes with it (Arcsoft Showbiz) is completely unusable as Wine have a hard time doing the installation properly on a Mac.

Although there's another one included named MASSTER AVCAP. It works somewhat ok but the thing is the sound is always peaking in the red. The software lets me take the gain down from 100 to 50 but it can't get any lower. Also my audio recording setting is already at its lowest point. There are also no volume controls on the source material a Toshiba VCR/DVD thing.

Is there a way I can bypass the recording level and make it lower than that or should I get a refund and by another videograbber altogether?

Thanks.

-- merged --

Quick update: I plugged the whole thing in my tv while outputting it with a coaxial cable (there's no RCA output on my tv). The volume wasn't peaking like before... this could be a workaround but I'd have to record the sound first and then capture the image but it takes twice as long...

I ordered another device (https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/produc...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that should arrive tomorrow, if it solves the problem I'll post here.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-22-2020, 05:10 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Both of those devices are Easycap rebadges. You need to quit buying random cheap USB sticks expecting different results. Slow down, ask questions here, do some reading, in order to get a quality capture card.

Easycaps are known for all sorts of distortions and artifacts, especially when it comes to color/brightness/contrast/IRE.

Arcsoft is unusable crap even with Windows. Don't bother trying to capture with the junky software included with capture cards. Use VirtualDub.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs