04-01-2020, 09:55 PM
Free Member

I have some spare time so just put a PC together with windows xp on where I am going to try my old Plextor ConvertX M402U device. Now I installed WinDVD Creator 2, installed the last driver for the Plextor which was v2.3.0.5c though everytime I try to open Windvd Creator the program will stop. What I can remember I am sure Plextor released a patch for the WinDVD Creator software but I can't find it on any of my old drives anywhere if anyone has this patch still can you please share it with me.

I have also tried Vdub it did open once then just stopped and it will not detect the device again.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Free Member

Can't get this thing to work properly at all.

Just tried windvd creator 3 I thought it was going to work it looked like it was working but! the devices showed up in windvd , you can click on the device you can hear and see your video playing perfectly.

Though once you hit record the screen goes blank and it does nothing at all!!!

I have attached 2 print screens from XP showing the error in windvd creator 2, not much I can do with them in windows 10 they don't open up the same but they are fine under windows xp.

This is getting really annoying now, the only other thing I can think of is that I may need to drop down to Windows XP with no service packs because I am currently running Windows XP sp3.