Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Premium Member

Has anyone with an AIW 9800 Pro gotten the posted MV hacks to work for VHS or is everyone just buying an external fix? The driver hacks didn't work for me.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Most people use this forum for direct interaction with me (site owner), and sometimes others I deal with (known as "site supporters", who generally visit because I ask them to address a specific issue, which is not often needed). Unforunately, if you're trying to ask a larger crowd for information (other L1/L2/L3 members of this forum), they may not respond (even though there are just under 100 users here). I waited a week to see if it would happen, and it did not.

The general concensus Internet-wide is that MV is so drastically embedded into almost all digital equipment these days, that fix-all solutions like a TBC are required. Some have decent luck with cheaper "removers" or "defeater" devices (usually $100 or less), but they are flawed and imperfect (will not work 100% of the time). The only true solution is the TBC, as it removes ALL parts of the signal where anti-copy formulas reside. This is because anti-copy is an artificial error, and TBCs were designed specifically to remove said errors from video (genuine or artificial).

The ATI AIW 9800 cards (in fact, most 9000-based cards) may have a embedded hardware chip to prevent workarounds, but this is largely speculation and unknown. This however, would be no different than most DVD recorders, VCRs and most other capture devices (internal and external).

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
11-21-2004, 04:52 AM
Premium Member

I figured as much when no one answered my question. And that's ok. It's sorta nice that way - so you don't get flamed and called an idiot!!

I got a TBC-1000 this week, hooked it up and it worked like a charm. Now the only problem I'm having is a video/sound sync problem. I didn't notice it until I watched the compiled DVD. Off to look at new sound cards!!

Thanks for being here.
11-21-2004, 05:41 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

The soundcard is one likely culprit on this issue. Good luck on everything.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!