Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-24-2020, 01:54 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Quote:
Got VDub working, and see a preview for composite input, but S-video shows black screen.
My VDub shows the 510 under DEVICES but says "No video source" under VIDEO SOURCE.
See http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...ble-video.html

Quote:
I guess I'll be wrestling after all.
Austin 3:16

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

06-24-2020, 03:11 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Got it. Thanks. Now for the audio.
06-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Site Staff | Video

You need to read sanlyn's VirtualDub Settings guide in the forum -- but heed more notes that override some of his settings.

Audio > Enable audio playback
Note that this only works for this specific card, and must be disabled for almost all others.
If you have dropped frames with it, there's a few other settings that can be tweaked, but it's rarely needed.

06-24-2020, 03:55 PM
Free Member

I guess I'm lucky - just plugged in the RCAs and there's the sound! Captures it also. But I'll read sanlyn anyhow, to understand the issues, and maybe it won't be there again after reboot.

Prenerts

-- merged --

Oh sigh - just as I feared the audio vanished upon reboot. Somewhere I read a post/thread re this. Can anyone point me to it?

prenerts
06-24-2020, 09:48 PM
Site Staff | Video

Disable preview, re-enable. Try that.

06-26-2020, 10:15 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Disable preview, re-enable. Try that.
That didn't work , but I've found that if I follow a certain startup sequence I will get the audio every time. Here's what I do, if it helps anybody:

1. The 510 is plugged into a USB 2.0 port and is connected to an S-video source that's turned on (doesn't have to be playing as long as signal is present). Same for audio. I'm disconnected from the internet.

2. Turn on PC; I wait until all Windows processes have finished loading or have timed out, icon refresh, etc. Start File Explorer - if it pops up immediately I'm ready to proceed. It can be a few minutes. I just wait 4 minutes.

3. Open Crossbar-thing - on my PC the S-video selection sticks but the audio sync checkbox doesn't so I have to check it each time. No biggie. Close

4. Open VDub, go to Capture Mode, select video/preview if it's not up. Same for audio. Play input source -Voila sound!

The whole thing reminds me of the nightmare hardware config. that you had to do way back in Win 3.1

Tags
lossless capture, windows 10