Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-22-2020, 02:41 PM
Free Member

Hi,
I hope someone can really help me on this one as I'm totally tired and tried everything I could and I really want to finish my project but I cant do it when the last 3 tapes are having a tracking issue ;/
I'm using JVC HR-S7950 and I just cant get the tape to play,It's playing like 2 seconds and then "Snow" another 2 seconds and again "snow" and so on and on..
I didnt attach a clip to show that issue as I understood it can be common issue however I have no clue how to fix that..

*Something to say,At first the tape worked well like for 20 min all good and then that issue came up like it lost it's track (The running time freezing)
So when I googled it at first I saw that FF and then Rewind back might help solving it,
One thing to mention is that in my JVC HR-S7950 the fast rewind/fast forward is broken (Gear grinding issue that I saw someone on the forum having the same thing but I wont even try to find a place to fix it as I'm sure it's complicated.. when slow FF/RW works but it's really slow and it can happen only when the mode is on Pause and not stop so I dont want to hurt the tape by doing this)
So I'm using an LG VHS to do the rewind/fast forward...
After doing that rewind and playing again it seems now the tape is totally not playing like from the first minute it showing this snow thing,
I'm not sure if it's maybe due to the other VHS ruining more the tracking or if it's something in the JVC it self,
I tried also playing with options like turning of TBC and enable Video Stablize,Doing direct output without the T1000 External TBC but nothing..It's for sure something in the JVC as playing the tape on the LG works well but there is no svideo output in the LG so by going for that I will miss the external TBC and all the built in functions from the JVC and that's why I want to fight for it but I'm on it for more then 2 weeks and just cant figure out a solution..

In the JVC manual it says that for moving from the automatic tracking to manual I need to click a certain button which looks like "//\" and then playing with the PR+- buttons,But it's just not doing any single thing on the playback and it's still not tracking the tape.. ;/
I tried to do like 10 min slow forward with the jvc and then slow rewind as I thought maybe playing with that on the JVC it self can fix it (As I still not sure if the other VHS ruined the tracking when I used it for FF/RW)

I hope I'm explaining well my situation as it's a bit complicated to explain it in words,I hope someone knows a solution as I really want to finish this last tapes but have no clue what to do ;/
I tried even manually open the JVC and playing a bit a bit with it's alliagment (not the smart thing to do I know) But it didnt really made any difference..This last tapes still not playing and other tapes that worked still working so...
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-22-2020, 02:52 PM
Free Member

The image going in and out like that means that the VCR isn't locking to the control track on the tape at all. In that case adjusting tracking won't do anything (I think you are doing it correctly). Cleaning the control head could maybe help, since other tapes play fine there probably isn't something seriously wrong with the VCR. If it's just on a few tapes maybe the signal is weak and the LG happens to pick it up a little better for whatever reason.
07-22-2020, 03:05 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey View Post
The image going in and out like that means that the VCR isn't locking to the control track on the tape at all. In that case adjusting tracking won't do anything (I think you are doing it correctly). Cleaning the control head could maybe help, since other tapes play fine there probably isn't something seriously wrong with the VCR. If it's just on a few tapes maybe the signal is weak and the LG happens to pick it up a little better for whatever reason.
Yes exactly,You managed to explain it better then I did ;P
Image going in and out,
But what's driving me nuts is that on the first attempt to play the tape it worked well,Picture was clear all was well and just after like 20 minutes that issue came up,So when I tried to do the FF/Rewind (Had to do it in the other VHS as I said due to the gear grinding issue in the JVC) now from the first minute it's doing that "image in and out" like doing the rewind in other VHS managed to do something bad in the tracking for the JVC?
That's why I'm not sure if cleaning the control head would really help in something as other tapes can play well except this few problematic tapes which playing totally fine in the other LG VHS..I seriously cant understand why it's like that