digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   Video capturing corrupts when camera moved? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/11136-video-capturing-corrupts.html)

Kalist 10-29-2020 04:08 PM

Video capturing corrupts when camera moved?

5 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I bought a video capturing device based on otg102.
I'm capturing 8mm tape (PAL) from a Sony ccd-trv11e camera.
The device captures the video nicely until the cameramen move the camera slightly fast , Which is strange because I have older capturing device (that produce less crisp image) that doesn't have this kind of behavior when the cameramen moves fast (on the same part of the video), that means the problem is definitely not the video camera / tape.

Which made me conclude that the problem is some bad conversion algorithm in the otg102 device...

Has someone experienced this issue? and know how to solve it?
I've attached images for reference

Thanks.

lordsmurf 10-29-2020 04:40 PM

Those "grabber" devices are really crappy. Garbage chipsets, cheap Chinese junk.

The main issue is probably lack of TBC -- but likely made worse from the bad card (and bad drivers).

Kalist 10-29-2020 05:09 PM

Hi lordsmurf,
Thanks for replying.
Can you recommend a capturing device that can be bought at affordable price (for home use)?

Just to clarify what is bad in your terms, do you consider Elgato Video Capture (which is out of my budget) which is the recommended card on amazon (also based on otg102), Do you think this card doesn't have TBC and is bad aswell?

lordsmurf 10-29-2020 08:13 PM

Depends on OS, but the most common suggestion is either the ATI 600 USB, certain Pinnacles, or clones.
What OS?

And remember to also look in the marketplace subforum. ;)

Kalist 10-29-2020 08:43 PM

Any windows OS (64 or 32), I will install if needed.
which Pinnacle, which clone?

I saw that ATI 600 USB uses Empia em2883, do you suggest that this is a good chip? or maybe because of the two other chips, TI tvp5150, LG DT3303?

traal 05-14-2023 10:17 AM

This is the latest post I could find here about this type of problem.

A post on Reddit suggests that these errors are caused by gyroscopic forces interfering with the recording mechanisms, resulting in the errors being encoded onto the tape itself.

latreche34 05-14-2023 12:19 PM

It has been 3 years so I don't know if the OP has figured out the problem or not, but a proper diagnosis is to first see what the video looks like in the viewfinder or on TV before going out and buying more hardware, If it's baked in the tape then it's obviously a Gyro effect of the head drum but the camera has to be shaken to death to really experience that, normal fast pans of the camcorder will not affect the drum since it has a precise synchro circuit that can regulate the speed to a certain extent.
If it is not baked in on the tape then it could be the capture device's fault, A short clip is better than screenshots.