Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-12-2021, 10:03 AM
Free Member

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the existence of these forums. I've found lots of useful information from here.

I've tried to search for an answer to my problem from all around the internet, with no luck. I'm having a problem with my analog-to-digital video conversion.

I have a Datavideo SE-800 video mixer working as a TBC. I have connected several devices to the unit, such as Panasonic AG-7500 S-VHS player. The problem occurs with whatever player I have connected to the SE-800.

I have a strange color distortion problem, which has occured now for two times. Everything was working smoothly for days, and then the problem occured. Somehow I managed to fix the problem for a month, but then it occured again. I don't have a clue what causes the problem, or how did I fix it.

The Main output of the SE-800 shows the video in a mix of blue and red colors (see attachment 1). It doesn't matter whether I output SDI, Composite or S-video from the SE-800; the problem occurs in all of these. It doesn't matter if I input composite or S-video signal from e.g. the VHS, all have the same problem. Turning off AGC from the SE-800 doesn't help, even though I read that sometimes Macrovision might be the cause for this kind of problems.

As you can see from attachment number 2, all of the color space seems to have shifted somewhere around magenta area. Fiddling around with the SE-800's color correction can make the picture a bit better, but it doesn't fix the problem. I've also somehow managed to get the color space to the green area a couple of times by rebooting the unit (and by pressing the numeric keypads randomly at the same time, lol)

Now the curious thing is, that the SE-800 also has a Monitor Output (composite) for each input. The image works perfectly well from this output (attachment number 3). It seems that all of the Main outputs of SE-800 create this weird problem with the colors.

Unit manual is here.

Any idea what this is about? Thanks in advance. I'll gladly give more information.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (55.1 KB, 27 downloads)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (81.1 KB, 22 downloads)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (34.9 KB, 19 downloads)

Last edited by petrololx; 02-12-2021 at 10:49 AM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-18-2021, 11:09 AM
Free Member

The monitor output is a passthrough interface for each input. AKA, no filtering being done.

So whatever the issue is that you are having it is likely related to part of the onboard filtering/processing.

Work your way through the manual and menus and try to disable as much as you can to see if anything stops the weirdness?