02-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Premium Member

Is there a way to install just the TV capture using MMC 8.2 without installing the other software like 'File Player, Video CD, CD Audio, LaunchPad, ect'?
The reason is, these apps run as defualt when MMC is installed and I wish to ues other software programs like PowerDVD or Roxio.
The MMC software does not let you choose not to install these apps. when using "Custom Settings"
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

That may not be needed.

Is the problem that you simply like to double-click on the MPEG/AVI files, and it launches ATI MMC File Player or ATI MMC DVD Player instead of something else?

Or that it autoplays a DVD-Video when inserted in DVD-ROM, and you don't like that either?

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
02-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Premium Member

Is the problem that you simply like to double-click on the MPEG/AVI files, and it launches ATI MMC File Player or ATI MMC DVD Player instead of something else?

Yes.............
You nailed it right on the head!
This is what I don't like about MMC.
02-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Leave al of the ATI MMC components installed. They are fine. But like me, you do not want to be forced to use their sub-par DVD player or problematic file player (only the capture tool is good).

This is ACTUALLY a Windows issue.

You only have to do this fix ONCE (unless you re-install new media software):

To change this, HOLD THE SHIFT KEY and then RIGHT-CLICK on the file you want to open. In this example, I'll open an MPEG file.

changedefaultplayer01.gif

In Windows ME, 2000 and XP .. it also has the SUB-MENU where you can pick the CHOOSE PROGRAM option. Do this.

A screen will appear where you can choose the program YOU want to use in order to open ALL FILES OF THAT TYPE.

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.

In your case, pick WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER (or MICROSOFT WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER, depending on which version of Windows and WMP you have installed). Then tick the check box and click OK.

From now on, all files of that ype will play with THAT PROGRAM.

This works on ANY FILE and ANY PROGRAM in Windows.

If need more help, let me know.

You do not need to uninstall ATI MMC components, just don't use them. (They must be installed anyway).

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!