Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-16-2022, 11:28 AM
Free Member

Hello,

I did find this S-VIDEO to Y/C splitter cable in amazon but I'm wondering what the word "sound" has to do with it as well as color coding of red and white wich are again related to sound.

Despite all that, I think it should work as a S-Video Y/C cable taking into consideration video composite and phono cables all do use RCA connectors.

Could someone please clarify?

Thank you!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-16-2022, 03:39 PM
Free Member

Those are not audio leads, They are for video, they just used whatever colored plastic they have on hand, But the S-Video socket is flimsy, I used one before that came with a chinese product.

https://www.youtube.com/@Capturing-Memories/videos
02-16-2022, 04:13 PM
Free Member

That’s what I thought! Thanks for clarification! Very hard to find in Amazon this split type of S-Video cable. Don’t know why. I think I will go with this anyway and hopefully it will not be that bad.
02-20-2022, 11:08 PM
Premium Member

Dear God, no. If it's not too late, this is a proper cable you can get:

https://www.extron.com/product/svimatbncmaad

I got the 3' length. Top quality cable, clearly made by a company that cares about providing high-quality products.

What is the input you are using this Y/C split cable for?

-- merged --

Hard to beat this price and Revision G is the same as the one I have. This is the 1' version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274936846176

You can also easily source quality BNC adapter pieces if you need RCA or other output connections instead of the female BNCs.
02-21-2022, 02:58 AM
Free Member

Kramer and Monster made some good quality cables, They are now available with good prices but people are always looking for those cables, you can't have enough of them.

02-21-2022, 05:23 AM
Free Member

@mrmuy97 Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I'm in europe and it seems very hard to find this s-video to Y/C cable don't know why. S-Video from S-VHS VCR to Y/C converter.

@latreche34
Thank you will also check these.

Does anyone have a clue where can I get one of these in europe?
02-21-2022, 09:16 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
@mrmuy97 Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I'm in europe and it seems very hard to find this s-video to Y/C cable don't know why. S-Video from S-VHS VCR to Y/C converter.

Does anyone have a clue where can I get one of these in europe?
Ha, someone else just saw that link and jumped on it already. Like I said, you can't beat $3 for that cable brand new, and I changed the delivery country to Denmark and it's ~$30 for shipping. Personally I would pay that (~$33) all day right now with materials prices going through the roof and unknown quantities remaining. The quality of that cable is worth it in my opinion. And the manufacture dates on those are not anytime recent... who knows if a high-quality cable like that will ever be produced again.

As far as I've seen on eBay in the past, most USA sellers are willing to ship internationally, especially to Europe. And the nice thing with these cables is I highly doubt we have to be wary of fakes or knock-offs because it's very easy to tell that these are the original well-built pieces and not some cheap Chinese junk.

Here's another one from the same seller still available as of right now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274936847984
02-21-2022, 10:00 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmuy97 View Post
Ha, someone else just saw that link and jumped on it already. Like I said, you can't beat $3 for that cable brand new, and I changed the delivery country to Denmark and it's ~$30 for shipping. Personally I would pay that (~$33) all day right now with materials prices going through the roof and unknown quantities remaining. The quality of that cable is worth it in my opinion. And the manufacture dates on those are not anytime recent... who knows if a high-quality cable like that will ever be produced again.

As far as I've seen on eBay in the past, most USA sellers are willing to ship internationally, especially to Europe. And the nice thing with these cables is I highly doubt we have to be wary of fakes or knock-offs because it's very easy to tell that these are the original well-built pieces and not some cheap Chinese junk.

Here's another one from the same seller still available as of right now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274936847984
Thanks mrmuy97! I got it. At first found it very expensive because of delivery costs. Then I found it in Holland for 45€. So I guess 34€ is better than 45€

Yes, not very suspicious on a cable like that. Although I really hope I'm not unlucky and get something that doesn't work

Anyway, still very surprised how hard is to find such cable! At least in europe.
02-21-2022, 10:36 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Thanks mrmuy97! I got it. At first found it very expensive because of delivery costs. Then I found it in Holland for 45€. So I guess 34€ is better than 45€

Yes, not very suspicious on a cable like that. Although I really hope I'm not unlucky and get something that doesn't work

Anyway, still very surprised how hard is to find such cable! At least in europe.
Oh great, glad to hear because I was just about to post a link for another one as I saw that one sold right after I posted it too haha.

I have already contacted that seller and you can be essentially 100% certain it is the real Extron cable. Only reason you'd have an issue is if, like you said, by some bad luck you got a defective one. Judging by their quality I highly doubt that. Glad it worked out and you got it! Look forward to seeing some of your results if you post them.
02-21-2022, 12:37 PM
Free Member

Like I said good quality cables don't last long on eBay, people find them and get them even if they don't need them right away.

02-21-2022, 01:04 PM
Free Member

@latreche34 You do realise that this was me not losing a second and got the cable right?
Followed both yours and mrmuy97 advice and got it immediately...I was actually hoping to have more in stock from the same seller and get more since I'm anyway paying x11 of the cable price on delivery costs. Feeling kind of insecure knowing how difficult it is to find these cables. Next level would be to learn making them myself.
02-21-2022, 03:47 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
I was actually hoping to have more in stock from the same seller and get more since I'm anyway paying x11 of the cable price on delivery costs. Feeling kind of insecure knowing how difficult it is to find these cables.
He does have a few more of them still -- send him a message and explain you want to buy 1 or 2 more and have them shipped together since there will be room in the package and the shipping price should remain the same. Doesn't hurt to ask. And he probably didn't ship it out today so it may work just fine for him.
02-21-2022, 06:56 PM
Free Member

Somebody's gouging if it cost $29US to send that! That's crazy.
02-21-2022, 09:46 PM
Free Member

International shipping have gone insane lately, It's just too expensive to ship stuff worldwide.

02-21-2022, 10:05 PM
Premium Member

Well I just bought 11 of them so if anyone needs them in the future just let me know haha

Also I got a small (maybe less than 1 ft^3) package probably weighed 2 or 3 lbs from Thomann Music in Germany just a few weeks ago and shipping was ~$35, so yeah it seems a bit much for just a little cable but latreche34 is right, it's costing the shipping companies more every day to operate and that cost gets passed on to the consumer.
02-22-2022, 01:15 AM
Free Member

I'm based in Brussels, Belgium. Just checked by curiosity how much would it cost to send something over to the US. That would be €46.80 ($41.41) for up to 30kg. This is ridiculous for the very small and light stuff like cables, adapters etc.

@mrmuy97 did you just got the batch of 11 extron electronics svd,svhs-m bnc-m? Hahaha can't see it anymore in ebay
02-22-2022, 03:04 AM
Free Member

Quote:
This is ridiculous for the very small and light stuff like cables, adapters etc.
Australia Post 200g to the US, standard mail, $14AUD.
02-23-2022, 12:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
@mrmuy97 did you just got the batch of 11 extron electronics svd,svhs-m bnc-m? Hahaha can't see it anymore in ebay
I did indeed, at least now we have 11 more here for the community.
02-23-2022, 04:46 PM
Free Member

At community prices, we hope!
02-25-2022, 09:43 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushpower View Post
At community prices, we hope!
Of course. Didn't realize the supply was drying up. Might as well buy up some stock for us while the sellers still think these "outdated" items have no value -- e.g. a bunch listed for $3 each and sellers accepting super low offers for a fraction of their Buy-It-Now price.