digitalFAQ.com Forum

digitalFAQ.com Forum (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/)
-   Capture, Record, Transfer (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/)
-   -   Mitsubishi HS-HD2000U on screen display? (https://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/12671-mitsubishi-hs-hd2000u.html)

Closecall 03-29-2022 11:56 AM

Mitsubishi HS-HD2000U on screen display?

I have noticed that the Mitsubishi HS-HD2000u throws up numbers and markers when starting play, stopping etc. and it is being recorded when i use VirtualDub. I have a tape that starts straight away and I want to try and capture the beginning without this display showing up on video. Suggestions?

latreche34 03-29-2022 02:02 PM

How about looking up the manual and see how you disable OSD. Pretty simple isn't it?

Look in the manual, and disable OSD.

lordsmurf 03-29-2022 04:34 PM

OSD sometimes called overlay, onscreen, display. I forget what this model uses.

msgohan 04-02-2022 06:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by latreche34 (Post 83811)
Look in the manual, and disable OSD.

It's actually impossible to disable the OSD for this VCR...

The usual workaround is to hit Play, then Rewind. The OSD doesn't pop up when exiting visual search. That's what I do for this and other models where the text can't be turned off. Attached video is an example.

Attachment 14959
Attachment 14960

dpalomaki 04-02-2022 06:57 AM

I don't know about your machine, but some remotes have an "Exit" key that will cut the on screen display short (before it naturally times out).

msgohan 04-02-2022 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpalomaki (Post 83887)
I don't know about your machine, but some remotes have an "Exit" key that will cut the on screen display short (before it naturally times out).

There are Cancel and Enter keys by the numpad, but they don't affect the OSD. The Display button cycles through a few options, requiring 3 button presses before it makes the text disappear.

What does instantly cancel the OSD text is launching the menu screen. I tried hitting Play followed by quickly double-tapping Menu to enter and instantly exit it, and it does work, but getting the timing right is a little tricky.

An alternative is pre-loading the menu, hitting Play, and then exiting the menu immediately. So Menu-Play-Menu instead of Play-Menu-Menu.

(This has been an oddly amusing way to spend my Saturday morning.)

latreche34 04-02-2022 03:40 PM

Usually high end VCR's that don't have OSD off option will have two outputs, one carries the OSD signal for hooking up to the TV and the other doesn't for hooking up to another recorder, Does it have a second output? If so have you tried it? If it doesn't or both have OSD signal I guess they just assume the VCR should be hooked up via firewire to ba able to have a video without OSD.

msgohan 04-02-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latreche34 (Post 83899)
Usually high end VCR's that don't have OSD off option will have two outputs, one carries the OSD signal for hooking up to the TV and the other doesn't for hooking up to another recorder

I'm familiar with the "Monitor" output concept on professional players, but are there high-end consumer models with the setup you describe?

This VCR can simultaneously output two S-Video and two composite signals. In the past I've captured all four outputs at the same time to test devices. There is no OSD-free option.

latreche34 04-02-2022 11:45 PM

I've seen two outputs with one being OSD free on consumer products, though I don't remember what product and if US or European.