04-19-2022, 10:30 AM
Free Member

Hello everyone,

I am looking for software to transfer a completed family movie dvd to a new dvd. I want to make multiple copies for family member's. Is there a recommended way to proceed with this transfer?
I do not mind paying for the software.
Looking forward to advice

Thank you
Glenn
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-19-2022, 12:11 PM
Free Member

Are you asking about a good program to burn the DVDs or just copying them? A finished family movie DVD should not have any copy protection on it. You should simply be able to copy the VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive and burn as many DVDs with that as you'd like. You'd create a folder called something like FamilyMovie, and then put the VIDEO_TS folder with its files into the FamilyMovie folder. Open your DVD burning program and select the FamilyMovie folder to burn a copy
The following users thank autephex for this useful post: Rookie20 (04-21-2022)
04-19-2022, 01:24 PM
Free Member

TMPGEnc Authoring Works is a good software and easy to use imo. There are better but more complex aswell. If you know very little and expect decent to good quality that's the one.
The following users thank themaster1 for this useful post: Rookie20 (04-21-2022)
04-19-2022, 07:20 PM
Free Member

There are many products that can be used to copy CDs, DVDs, and BDs. Many free/shareware as well as paid-for products. I normally use NERO for making copies and burning because it works for me, and I've been using it since the days it was bundled with CD burners. Like many produces that were take commercial, the NERO product line expanded and became became bloated with stuff I don't need, but the ROM burner still works for me.

Making copies of copy protected and region coded media is a separate issue and commercial products are required to respect that when used to make copies of media. There are products that can assist you in that process (e.g., REDFOX.BIZ's AnyDVD and others) but their use may be restricted in some jurisdictions.
The following users thank dpalomaki for this useful post: Rookie20 (04-21-2022)
04-21-2022, 08:47 AM
Free Member

Thank you for Autephex, themaster 1 and dpalomaki for your help, I do not want to make copies of protected dvd's. I just want to make 1:1 copies of family dvd'd. When you google dvd copy software there is a lot of choices and I was looking for advice on what software was recommended

Glenn
04-21-2022, 09:25 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Good 'ol CDBurnerXP is as good as any if you just want to duplicate.

A very old, but well-loved bit of freeware, simply click 'disc copy' and follow the prompts. There's no need to overcomplicate this just to duplicate an extant DVD.
04-21-2022, 12:17 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie20 View Post
Thank you for Autephex, themaster 1 and dpalomaki for your help, I do not want to make copies of protected dvd's. I just want to make 1:1 copies of family dvd'd. When you google dvd copy software there is a lot of choices and I was looking for advice on what software was recommended

Glenn

"DVD Copy software" would generally refer to programs designed to copy commercial dvds that are encoded with protection.

Just copying your personal DVDs is as simple as putting the disc in your drive, and copying the folder contents to your harddrive. Then burn that using any DVD burning software. I've always used IMGBurn personally, which is completely free, easy to use and very reliable