07-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Free Member

I need to verify if someone can take off the lid and look at the power cable where it is connected to the connector to the main board.

I need to verify the wire colors how the power cord connects to the wire coming off the board inside.

there is a connector that is plugged into the board with a WHITE and BLACK wire coming off

the power cord has a BLACK and WHITE and Green

I think the BLACK and GREEN from the power cord connects to the BLACK on the board

the WHITE from the power cord connects to the WHITE on the board

if someone could help I would appreciate it..
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Free Member

What is that model, a dvd recorder or combo vcr/dvd recorder?
07-17-2011, 05:01 AM
Free Member

yes... it's a combo vhs/dvd recorder.. it was getting the dreaded LOADING ERROR so I tool the lid off and it works fine.. I was moving the unit and accidentally pulled the power cord from the leads from the connector to the board.
07-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
The DR-MV1 is the combo version of the JVC DR-M10S DVD recorder from 2004. It's an excellent DVD recorder, using the LSI Logic Domino chipset that cleans up video.

However, it suffers from the bad capacitor issue that plagued many computer/electronic devices from 2000-2005. Quite a few DVD recorders have that problem, including Panasonic models. "LOADING" is JVC's generic error message, and may as well read as "BROKEN" or "HELP ME!" It's not real useful.

The capacitors fail mostly due to heat build-up, which was often caused by somebody shoving this into a home entertainment center. Or as I call it, an electronics oven. These units work best when air can pass under, above and around it -- all sides have airflow. Best yet is to keep it in a place where air naturally moves, like near the air vent. That causes more dust build-up, so clean it once a month with a soft paintbrush.

I know somebody with a DR-MV1, but I don't know that I can get him to look inside of it in any kind of timely manner. I can take apart my DR-M100S pretty easily, but not sure if that will help. I can at least see if I have green, white and black wiring. I'll have to do that tomorrow, agenda too full for today.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Free Member

Thank you LS.. I tell you what.. with the tearing issue solved. then one of my JVC 7600U crapped out for a short time with a dirty sensor.. and now I step on the cord moving this unit.. WOW..

I am in no rush for the info.. I am patient.. just if it's possible to get ti I would appreciate it..
07-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

My DR-M100S is buried, and DR-M10S is somewhat easy to get to.
That's even closer to the DR-MV1S.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
07-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Free Member

I think it's

power cord GREEN AND BLACK to lead BLACK
power cord WHITE to lead WHITE

I would try it.. but I hate to fry it.. Man.....
07-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Free Member

checking to see if anyone has had a chance to check on this? Thanks
07-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Free Member

I took off the cover on my DR-M10s and it doesn't have a green wire anywhere that I can tell.
The incoming plug cord wire only has 2 wires going to the PSU.
From the PSU to the main, there is a white ribbon insulated going to main board.
There is also that weirdly bent uninsulated 9? wire set that connects to the main board.
So I don't think the DR-M10s will be any help in this case.

I have a SR-MV45 but it is in my entertainment system right now....I am not motivated enough right now to take it out
and take off cover to check. (There is an amazing mass of wires behind my entertainment system.)
I am not sure whether it would be in the same time frame as yours....if no else can look at theirs and you are not in
a big hurry, I may can take it out later this week.
Only use I have for it is my wife uses it to playback DVDs.
07-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Free Member

Thanks for checking Steve... I was tempted to just buy another JVC on ebay tonight but decided that 1 JVC LOADING issue is enough.. I appreciate the help.. I need to get back to recording and I may just go in the morning and buy a recorder so I can get back on schedule.

I will just wait for someone that has this unit so I can get it going again.. it's a nice unit.. I been on craigslist tonight and there isn't not a 1 dvd recorder being sold here in Tulsa Ok.....hehehehehehe

Thanks again
07-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Free Member

freaking unreal

I went to google to see if someone had posted a pic of the inside of the unit and guess what... I found one..

with all the loading issues I found this http://blog-imgs-26.fc2.com/t/o/f/to...DSCN2975_R.jpg

JVC-DRMV1S-internals.jpg

well... I started looking at it and notice this unit has only a standard 2 lead power cord.. I think the previous owner swapped the cord out for I have no idea why.. he cut a 3 prong computer cord and rigged it and that is why I was able to pull it by merrly stepping on it.. UNREAL..... CRIMPED A STANDARD CORD TO THE LEADS OF THE BOARD AND IT'S UP AND RUNNING...

SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE GUYS...

07-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Trouble? What trouble!?

I'm glad that:
(1) You found an answer.
(2) You shared the answer here with members/readers of this site and forum, who could have the same problems.
(3) Most importantly, that I didn't have to tear apart my JVC after all!

You should go for a # (4) entry: Post photos of your customized recorder.
Let's see how somebody jimmy-rigged it, for better or worse.
I'm always appreciative of homemade ingenuity! I've modded a lot of hardware in the past two decades.

Thanks for posting.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs