02-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Premium Member

I did the MMC 8.7/AIW 128 Pro hack listed in the forum, I worked like a charm first time through, the guide could not of been easier to follow, thanks for all the links etc. One question though, The MMC 8.7 software is doing captures perfectly however the settings for VideoSoap are all greyed out and I can't access the settings, also the template list in the PVR software has "None" listed in all the useless ATI templates, Is VideoSoap dependent on some minimum CPU requirement?? This is an older secondary machine that is currently mostly used for multitrack audio, Since I had the AIW 128 Pro laying around I thought I'd set it up to do minimum video duty as well, It is currently running WINDOWS 98SE with a PIII 450 (soon to be upgraded to a PIII 1.3ghz Tualatin). It does the now famous MPEG-1 1856kbps movie capturing super. I've just found on my main video machine with a AIW 9700 Radeon that a little Videosoap sharpening can make a noticeable difference on MPEG-1, So I'd like to have Videosoap on this second machine. Any tips would sure be appreciated. GMAQ
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

I need a few days to experiment, but it may very well be a CPU limitation (it is VERY demanding), and maybe even an OS requirement.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
02-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for the quick reply, As I said before I'm upgrading the processor early next week, I'll try things with the new processor and see if I get my VideoSoap back. I hope I won't have to re-install the whole hack though, It went so well the first time I don't want to mess with it. I'll compare notes with you next week and let you know if the processor changes anything just in case anyne else cares to know. Thanks GMaq
03-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Premium Member

Hi Again,
FYI as we both guessed it was indeed the processor speed that was the factor. Now that I've installed the faster processor the VideoSoap is back, Weird!? I'm impressed with this Tualatin processor so far, it does MPEG-2 352x480 @ 4000kbps VBR without dropping frames with Videosoap, Not bad for a lowly PIII ! Thanks Again for all your help and running such a great site, it must keep you pretty busy. GMaq
03-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

That Tualatin PIII was a really nice processor, and I've seen nothing but positive reviews on it. As I understand it, the PIII architecture had a lot more potential to it, but was largely dropped for P4 because it had a higher max speed/performance potential (now a reality). This certain processor tapped into some of that ignored potential.

It sounds like you've got it all worked out.

And yes ... this site (and just video in general) keeps me quite busy.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!