11-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Free Member

Just got the last piece of hardware TBC-1000.

Now what is the right hardware hook-up?

I assume that the TBC goes after the JVC S-VHS then the BVP+ then to the MP-6000

Before I start learning all adjustments does the TBC feature on the JVC get turned off, do any other features get turned on or off.

Will do some experimenting to see how everything else works.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

VCR > TBC
TBC > proc amp
proc amp > digital recording device

TBC on VCR can be on or off -- whatever makes picture look best. Usually it is left on, for most tapes. Only turn it off if you see problems with the tape, such as tearing or the image, jumping, jittering, or other odd errors that otherwise disappear when TBC is turned back off.

Experimenting is a tape-by-tape process, you should re-examine all settings anytime you put a new tape in the VCR -- from the VCR (audio and video settings), to the proc amp, to the recording machine.

I wish you well.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
11-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Free Member

As I was wiring everything was curious. Is their a current replacement item for the Elite Video BVP4+, does DataVideo make something that would replace it ??

Thanks for your responses
11-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Yes, there is the DataVideo TBC-7000. Best price (and service) for this item tends to be from B&H for $960 plus shipping. However, I've never used it, so I don't know how well it works OR if it is PAL-friendly.

It's button-based, which I personally hate. I want knobs that I can oh-so-gently nuzzle to the left or to the right, when tweaking my values.

PDF manual for it is attached.

According to some information pulled up via Google searches, it appears this might be PAL compatible, although at least 1 item is disabled in "PAL mode". I refer to the "tint" control, one of the 4-5 proc amp functions.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Datavideo-TBC-7000-Manual.pdf (261.8 KB, 5 downloads)

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!