Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Just wanted to share a conversation from PM, may help others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrun
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrun
admin,
I am trying to transfer my VHS tapes over to dvd on my jvc sr-mv45, but some of them are copy-right protected. I am trying to make them as back-up copies. Is there a way to by-pass this other than getting another s-vhs player?
Thanks
You'll need a TBC between the VCR and DVD rec. Can this unit loopback? VCR out to s-video wires, back to an input on DVD side? I don't remember.
Yeah, you nailed it. I did the vcr out to dvd input and it worked. Thanks for the help.
And I'd like to add ....

Lots of devices claim tapes are "copyright protected" even when it's a homemade video. As is mentioned hundreds of times on this site (and others online), it's false detection. Anti-copy is an artificial video error, so authentic video errors tend to confuse the overly-sensitive detection mechanisms in the capture card or DVD recorder. To "get around" this problem, you need a timebase corrector -- a full standalone TBC.

The AVT-8170 from B&H is highly suggested (and B&H has the best price on it, about $215-225 shipped.) Get it at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...3167/KBID/4166

Glad to hear that the JVC SR-MV45 allows for loopback, from VCR to DVD recorder. I figured that would be the case. Anybody wanting to get one of these pro-end S-VHS VCR / DVD recorder combos can still pick one up for a great price at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000OH7RF0

... and thanks for the follow-up!

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Premium Member

Thank you. This is a great site! I am learning a lot.