03-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Premium Member

I recently restarting to convert video to DVD using ATI AIW Radeon 7500. When I doubleclick on the TV logo, this message appears" ATIMMC.exe has encountered a problem and need to shut down. Sorry for any inconveniences."
This is strange as I have never encountered this problem before and I have not made any changes to my hardware or software. I am using P4 with 1 Gig of RAM, ATI AIW Pro 7500( PAL)

I tried to reinstall ati mmc 8.1 again and still encounter the same problem.

I also tried to run the diagnostic test( from configuration) which found no obvious problems. The display drivers,soundcards,directx SEEMS TO BE WORKING OK

I need help desperately. Thanks - thienng
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-07-2005, 05:56 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

I would just uninstall everything and try again. It's a driver error, most likely. You can probably even leave MMC alone, just reinstall the drivers.

In fact, if you look at the PREVIOUS DRIVERS on the ATI site, look for a v6168. This is what I have come to call "the magic driver" because it tends to fix odd errors like this, where MMC refuses to cooperate.

In fact, because it's been so handy in the past, I have mirrored it in this forum, in the downloads:
http://www.digitalfaqsupport.com/uploads/t v-capture-wdm-6-13 -10-6168v1.rar

Try that.

Failing this fix, it may be a case of totally removing ATI MMC, all drivers, and manually cleaning the registry of any ATI-related info.

Sorry for the delayer response, I was unexpectedly unavailable for a short time. But I'm back now.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
04-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Premium Member

Thank you very much.
I look for tv-capture-WDM under remove program but did not find it. How do i uninstall the wdm?

I tried to install the 6168v1 without uninstalling the previous one as I do not know how but It still did not work
I suspect I have to uninstall the previous WDM - thienng
04-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

It would be under ATI CATALYST or ATI, or some other such ATI naming scheme. It can change version to version, so I cannot give you the exact name, but it's ATI something.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
04-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Premium Member

I try to download the ATIMMC 8.7 and it is working perfectly now. Thank you very much