10-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Free Member

I'm having problems capturing DV from my camcorder into Adobe Elements 7 using a firewire, the device is recognised by the computer and is able to be controlled through Elements 7 but no video or sound comes through. I also tried a copy of Cyberlink power director that I have with the same results.

Any ideas?

thanks

Nigel
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Rather than using Premiere for transferring ("capturing") the DV footage from the camera, instead look to use a dedicated DV transfer tool, such as the freeware WinDV. While Premiere is an excellent editing program, it's bloated and can cause issues trying to get the video off the tape and onto the computer (i.e., dropped frames).

After you use WinDV to transfer the video to the computer, THEN look to load the DV AVI into Premiere, and edit from there.

I would not use Cyberlink software for anything in 2010. Even their DVD player software is rather inferior to something like VLC, WinDVD or even what now comes with Windows Vista or Windows 7 for playing DVDs.

I'm assuming you're on Windows, be it XP, Vista or 7.

Also look at some of our capturing articles: http://www.digitalFAQ.com/guides/vid...rd-capture.htm
Specifically, the DV and dropped frames / audio sync guides.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!