Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Free Member

I realise that it may seem the wrong way round but I want to convert my Mini DV tapes from Panasonic Digital video camera to VHS(PAL). This is because I've been very successful in editing my old VHS tapes with Easycap Ulead software. I know it may be more straight forward to transfer to PC but I don't have a Firewire connection....and still prefer to edit from VHS which I am then converting to DVD.
My AV out lead on the camera has red/yellow/white at the other end going into the scart converter plugged into my Toshiba V634UK VHS recorder. This scart converter also has an S-Video connection - and I have the S-Video cable connecting back to the camera.
I press 'record' on my VHS machine and 'play' on my camera but it is not recording the pictures or sound. When I play the VHS tape back I just get a black screen on the TV.
Any ideas folks ???
Thanks - Pete
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Skip the VHS step.
Play your tapes in your camera, with analog output to the Easycap.
DV cameras have analog outputs, too.

While DV across Firewire is best, sometimes the analog route is needed. I understand.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
The following users thank admin for this useful post: fleetpete (01-12-2011)

Tags
dvd, mini dv, vhs