Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
12-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Free Member

Is there a place in the forum where i can find post that can help me about artefact that i obtain when i numerise vhs tape through my camcorder dv and coming through firewire via sceneanalyser ?

here is "the artifact" (front left): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46982387/artefact.png

in fact i ask me if it is poor digitalise of my dv, but i think not; because when i do : vhs>dvcam>firewire in my home hdd/dvd recorder> then i make dvd>then i ripp on my pc and then i haven't this artefact

of course, un both time, i have interlaced material

thanks for all

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Attached Images
File Type: png artefact.png (536.1 KB, 0 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

12-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Hi gilou8, I've moved your post here from PM.
(Note: Be sure to subscribe to this post, to receive email notifications of replies made to it: Click here to subscribe.)

Several members may be able to give you some helpful advice.
_____

On to the tech question...

It could be an issue with Scenalyzer corrupting the video. Consider trying WinDV instead, and then compare the results.
Let's see if the software is a variable. If so, great! If not, we'll move on to the next potential cause.

Get it here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...-software.html

See if that helps. Report back either way (whether it works, or if it does not.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs