Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

When I try to watch/record vhs tapes from my AG-1980P vcr using a tvw hd 600pciev card which I installed to my computer all I see is a black screen. Clicking on record on the on-screen ati cmc interface shows a green screen for about 2 seconds then back to black.

The card works fine for recording tv stations which it picks up, using either cmc or windows media center.

Software version is cmc 1.0.3202 on the disk which came with it.

Computer is HP Pavilion a6750a, motherboard ms-7548 (Aspen), processor Phenom x4 9650, video graphics, integrated graphics ati radeon hd 3200 (supports directx 10).

I don't have a TBC. Some of the tapes have no copy protection of any kind, should be able to view them on computer with this setup?

Could use some advice/help. Am hoping to transfer my VHS tapes to computer and burn to dvd's. Would like to use mpeg for transfer.

I have tried both composite/s-video inputs on card, both outputs on vcr work fine.

If the tvw has agc problems would this affect the video inputs on card?

Perhaps a Macrovision reaction from card?

If there's other details which might help please let me know.

Have got a lot of help reading your guides/forums over the last few months, thank you.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-12-2018, 06:38 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
Black screen usually bad connection wire, or wrong input connection.

But green screen is always a driver issue on capture cards. Like codec issues when playing.

ATI internal cards can be finicky and fussy, so that's the likely culprit.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs