Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-07-2011, 01:52 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
continued from private message...
Please ask all tech questions in the open forums, not PMs, as it will allow us to help more people. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseinpoint
Lordsmurf

Need your help badly. I was asked by a friend to make a DVD copy of a 20 year old CBS/Fox VHS prerecord. It was copyguarded and appears to have "fried" the firmware on my RCA DRC8030N dvd recorder. I can't get any discs to record. Its completely locked up. I've tried unplugging. The HARD Drive is fine but now I cant record off the air or archive to disc. do you happen to have a firmware update for this model? any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hi, and welcome.

First off, it is unlikely --- impossible, actually -- for copyguard to "fry" anything. At most, it's just coincidental timing.

There are two more likely issues going on:
1. You're not using a good Mitsubishi Verbatim non-Life/non-Value disc. Read the blank DVD review.
2. The drive has died, and simply needs to be replaced with a comparable model.

New firmware would not help here.

What blanks are you using? Perhaps try a better disc, if not using Verbatim.
And again, not the Life Series, not the Value Series.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: caseinpoint1 (04-24-2011)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors